Godiva Chocolate Percy

12 Replies, 8132 Views

A very nice looking Custom with a Godiva Chocolate theme.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, Tharazero1
Aww man, I was hoping for a special limited-edition shape of chocolate bar!

That looks cool, though!
Modeling the LNER (and some Thomas stuff) in OO Scale.
[-] The following 2 users Like TrainMan2001's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
It seems like a well done, if somewhat peculiar custom. The little layout with the chocolate bar overpass was neat but I can’t see that golden swirl-blob thing in the center without thinking of a poop emoji!

I also started thinking about what sort of products do I like to the point that I would want a custom locomotive in honor of them. That’s something I often think about with those Hawthorne Village trains too. I’m not sure there is any such product. The closest we’ve ever come at Chez OTR was a chocolate milk train I did a while back in honor of the shocking amounts my kids consume.
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • Mister No, Super
(09-14-2020, 02:05 AM)Off The Rails Wrote: The closest we’ve ever come at Chez OTR was a chocolate milk train I did a while back in honor of the shocking amounts my kids consume.

I don't recall this train OTR...
(09-14-2020, 02:05 AM)Off The Rails Wrote: but I can’t see that golden swirl-blob thing in the center without thinking of a poop emoji!

My first thought too. I was gonna say "it looks like... something else" but you said it all already. Smile
But what is that object? It has a cord, is it a lamp?  Undecided
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
This same person also has a video with a custom Percy six-legged mecha. It walks, has moving eyes and appears to fire some sort of projectiles. Oddly, this is not the first Thomas themed insect mecha I’ve seen. Someone built a similar Thomas mecha with a working laser that was (at least in the video) powerful enough to burn things! I recall that the walker itself is a commercially available toy but it still took a fair amount of modeling skill to modify it.

(09-14-2020, 03:25 AM)Super Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 02:05 AM)Off The Rails Wrote: The closest we’ve ever come at Chez OTR was a chocolate milk train I did a while back in honor of the shocking amounts my kids consume.
I don't recall this train OTR...

Oh, it wasn’t anything unique but just a running joke with my kids. A couple years ago, I bought a string of milk tankers and a chocolate syrup tanker. At some point during our running sessions, I would always run the Chocolate Milk Train, often pulled by the Red Bear or Hiro, which were my son’s favorites at the time.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 12:59 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • DalaGStanator
Memories...can't beat that. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Off The Rails
Oh, we still go through about 2 1/2 gallons of milk a week and finish off a 48oz bottle of Hershey’s chocolate syrup about every two weeks! If I can find the cars, the milk train will definitely make a comeback. We need one in real life!
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 03:47 PM by Super.)
I can picture your kids telling their kids about Grandpas Chocolate Milk Train. Smile
(09-14-2020, 11:32 AM)Off The Rails Wrote: This same person also has a video with a custom Percy six-legged mecha. It walks, has moving eyes and appears to fire some sort of projectiles. Oddly, this is not the first Thomas themed insect mecha I’ve seen. Someone built a similar Thomas mecha with a working laser that was (at least in the video) powerful enough to burn things! I recall that the walker itself is a commercially available toy but it still took a fair amount of modeling skill to modify it.

The Thomas version was built by Y Nakajima, and it's not even the only such thing he's come up with. I don't even know how to word this appropriately, but his extreme fondness of the blue #1 is so alien compared to the actual fanbase (like us) that he's turned him into his face crawling on walls and ceilings, a quadcopter, a submarine, a fidget spinner and even one that would most likely get me banned for showing here. Garigarigari must be trying to follow in his footsteps albeit with Percy. Furthermore, there's even an American counterpart by Peter Sripol that replaces the laser with a flamethrower.
[-] The following 3 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • Mister No, Off The Rails, Super