Trackmaster Flip Face Percy Theory

24 Replies, 18233 Views

it's always possible
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2020, 02:00 PM by Super.)
While the HiT Flip Face Percy never got an official release, there just happens to be a well made custom solution! It was made from a Japanese TOMY Percy, giving him the extra detail he would've had. There's no battery car and he only has one (revolving) switch for the face, but it otherwise works the same way. For the only custom Flip Face engine I've seen, the execution is remarkable. Made by garigarigari.

There's also another one with a Flip Face James face and smokebox (and a battery truck), but the only video I found was a "making of" without footage.
[-] The following 3 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper, Super, Tharazero1
@Duck

This is interesting, thanks for sharing your discovery.

@LaG

Thanks for that video, it is a brilliant custom and a quick look at how they did it.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper
Time to revive this thread with a theory:
The reason no FF percys ever surfaced may mean that almost all were all retooled.
Also the RC percy is the only rc engine to have a different facial expression other than happy. The tired face may have been FF percy's other face.

[Image: Trackmaster-Thomas-Friends-R-C-Percy-rem...rolled.jpg]

This can be proved as this video shows that RC percy has an unused flip face mechanism https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DJ_8dtc9Ok

However there is evidence against my theory: there are 2 dots on either side of Percy's leaf spring. On the FF percy they are coloured in, whilst the RC percy doesn't have them coloured in. It's really hard to see on the first image but they are indeed coloured.
[Image: ffpercyspring.jpg]

[Image: trackmaster-c-percy-sounds-thomas-1-7d59...e5027d.jpg]

But here is where things get interesting:
A youtuber by the name of Trainboy 33 has a percy shell that some will say is an RC percy shell.
BUT it has the larger switch AND the 2 dots coloured in, just like FF percy. The chassis is from a standard percy.

[Image: realffpercy1.png]
[Image: realffpercyimage2.png]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HBMOwfvAa4
Train it, plane it, you name it!
nah tb33's is fake, switch hole is doctored

that being said though its very likely that rc percy is ff percy retooled
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
I feel like the R/C line is some kind of way to "continue" the flip face engines, since R/C Percy has flip face retoolings, R/C Thomas also has it, i don't know about R/C James
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2022, 01:09 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like RockstarFaz (ThomasTrackFan12)'s post:
  • CooingSlinky11, Super
(01-05-2022, 11:00 PM)FfarquharDeveloper Wrote: nah tb33's is fake, switch hole is doctored

I'm probably wrong about the switchhole, but what about the dots by Percy's leaf spring? RC Percy does not have them, only the FF does.

However I could just be in denial and it could just be an RC Percy
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super
The guy just painted those in, the dots are still on the tooling. It's just an R/C Percy that's been obviously altered and presented as a damaged Flip-Face Percy.

[Image: P1020551.jpg]
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 2 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, Super
@FfarguharDeveloper,
You're probably right I suppose
Whatever the story of the FF percy is, I do hope someday it surfaces on the internet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super
This is a very good theory. It would make sense
[-] The following 2 users Like CooingSlinky11's post:
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp, Super