Plarail Pokémon Trains

22 Replies, 8916 Views

Thanks for the translations and info Duck. I didn't notice that Duck, there isn't any Plarail logos, just Tomy in the older rounded red block letters which was what...the 90's?

On the back of the box it looks like there is an add on accessory set or maybe its just normal Pokemon Diablock pieces, not sure.

[Image: awqe.jpg]

[Image: s-lsd1600.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
If you collect the Pokemon Block series, the world will expand like this!
Products other then Linear GO!! are sold separately. Please note some products may change specifications or production may be discontinued.

Yes it appears there was a series of Diablock Pokemon sets in the late 90s and early 2000s

[Image: Tomy-Pokemon-Block-Celadon-Department-Store.jpg]
[Image: Tomy-Pokemon-Block-Pokemon-Center.jpg]

The stars in the bricks on these boxes say you can combine sets together and mention the Pokemon figures included.
I had no idea Tomy and Diablock had any connection, but I think in this case Tomy was involved for the train and the Pokemon figures, which you could also buy alone. As far as I know Diablock is made by a different company
[Image: MC65-Togepi.jpg]

These also made their way (outside of any Diablock or Plarail sets) to the US and other countries as the Pokemon craze swept through in the late 90s. In the US they were sold by Hasbro.
[Image: pikachu-raichu-pokemon-battle-figures-1-...e94df6.jpg]

I have one of the normal and fairly common brown Pokemon trains, which I think is missing the Mew figure.
[Image: IMG-20200814-122927.jpg]
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 2 users Like DuckGWR's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Thanks Duck.

I am a bit disappointed that these aren't Lego compatible though.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]