Hello - The Sun's Out - A New Arrival

13 Replies, 5961 Views

Hi friends!

Apologies for disappearing for a while there. The train shed was a cold, dark place during the winter months and then, you wouldn't read about it, we had this pandemic thing and well, you know, it all got a bit too much.

But the sun is starting to power up again here in Melbourne and I just got a nice surprise from my guy in Hong Kong. He hasn't been able to send anything for a long time and even now, shipping is very slow.

This is a train I have had on my list for a long time now. Ever since I took my first trip on the CRH. This one is not new, but as good as new. I'm really pleased with it and my HK supplier was such a great guy he actually bought it from someone else in HK so he could get it for me. What a legend!

Now that the shed is thawing out I plan to have a tidy up and finish the grand vision that I had in mind. Expect some new videos with the CRH on the rails.  Big Grin

I hope you are all doing well and you and your families are staying safe - wherever you are. Peace!

[Image: CRH-01.jpg]
[-] The following 6 users Like Finno's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, Super, Tharazero1
I live in Melbourne too, tell me about it. Wish we could be out already, been confined to our houses for soooooooo long. BTW I never knew Plarail made a version of that train, it looks cool!
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • Finno, Super
[Image: woohoo-smiley-emoticon.gif][Image: clicking-your-heels-smiley-emoticon.gif][Image: celebrating-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Finno Is Back!
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, Finno
Great to have you back again, Finno.
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Finno, Super
It's nice to see you again, Finno! Smile
I'm glad about your new CRH! I'm seeing that train for the first time in my life, but we all know the feeling when a long wanted train finally arrives in our sheds... Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Finno, Super
Hey Finno, good to see you posting again! And that looks like a cool little train too.
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • Finno, Super
Here's the original press release back in 2010 from Tomy when they launched the CRH set's in the China market.

https://www.takaratomy.co.jp/english/pro...430_en.pdf

Some interesting insight into their business model and expansion plans over a decade ago.
[-] The following 3 users Like Finno's post:
  • Mister No, Super, Tharazero1
Hmmm, is the Station that comes with the Basic set an exclusive and something different...do you know?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Looks like special stickers (like the HK MTR one). Would be good to get some close-ups.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2020, 06:08 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
[Image: Untitled.png]   [Image: Untitled2.png]

[Image: Untitled3.png] [Image: Untitled4.png]

[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Finno, Mister No, Super