Plarail "TF" Series Rolling Stock

13 Replies, 7037 Views

Hi guys,
I was just wondering if anyone seems to have any of the Plarail TF series of rolling stock in their collections, and if they do could they post photos. There were 5 different pieces of Rolling Stock released in the series in 2006, ranging from troublesome trucks to a tanker and even a special red express coach with the yellow line across the side of it. For some reason these pieces are pretty rare, and now days are VERY hard to find, even though they were just released normally like the Thomas trains themselves. If you do have any of these in your collection, particularly if you have some with the box I'd greatly appreciate it if you posted some photos!

This is what I'm talking about if you guys don't know
[Image: i-img1200x900-1597643086wieqgn2576288.jpg]
[Image: 22027782601254-946.jpg]

Thanks guys and have a great day
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • BradyLikesTrains, DalaGStanator
[Image: 0603-05b.jpg]   [Image: 0603-06b.jpg]

[Image: 0603-07b.jpg]   [Image: 0603-08b.jpg]

[Image: Untitled1.png]

TF-01
[Image: 0603-05a.jpg]

TF-02
[Image: 0603-06a.jpg]

TF-03
[Image: 0603-07a.jpg]

TF-04
[Image: 0603-08a.jpg]

TF-05
[Image: 0603-09a.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2020, 05:33 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 4 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • BradyLikesTrains, DalaGStanator, Super, Tharazero1
I have Red Express Coaches with yellow stripes and the Raspberry Tankers. The wagons I don't have because I believe each of them have faces. What exactly do you need pictures of on these?

Geris has a video showing an un-boxing of the Blue Troublesome truck and Red Coach.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, Tharazero1
Thanks guys for the photos. I just wanted to see more photos of the boxes, and particularly if anyone have any boxed items of these in their collection. I'd also like and explanation as to why these are expensive for pieces of rolling stock, even in Japan, boxed versions of these go for a lot of money.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super
Great question.

For some reason I am remembering the Red Express Coach with yellow stripe coming with the Powerful Gordon and not just a Red one without the stripe.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tharazero1
(10-03-2020, 03:20 AM)Super Wrote: the Red Express Coach with yellow stripe coming with the Powerful Gordon

Wow that is interesting, I didn't know that. Probably due to there being so few NIB examples of Powerful Gordon's, and the fact that they're very expensive contributes to that. These wagons were released in what I call the 2nd Generation of Plarail Boxes, and even I've noticed that NIB or even Boxed 2nd Generation Plarail Trains are more expensive, and even sought after than 1st Generation boxes, which I find very, very interesting and suprising.
  • Super
Don't take my memory as gospel...it just seems like we have talked about this before but at my age there has been a lot of things I have talked about and sometimes they get smushed together.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tharazero1
i have several pieces, photos found at the bottom of this page. i have two troublesome trucksand the raspberry tanker

https://sunstomyandfriends.weebly.com/pl...stock.html
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
Thanks sunhuntin. Do you remember having any trouble finding these?
  • Super
nothing bad enough that it sticks out in my memory. they came from jauce many years ago. didnt realise there were only 5. should really try and find the other two one day.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super