PLARAIL Thomas and Friends 75th Aniversary Clear Thomas Island of Sodor set pre-order

23 Replies, 10128 Views

(10-04-2020, 09:25 PM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Shipping was ¥2438 (for two sets) by DHL global.

Thats what I don't get with them charging me $145 for something that weights the same or less than your 2 sets Muddy.

BTW: way to go, that is extremely inexpensive, pre-virus, price for shipping.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • DuckGWR, MuddyPoppins, Tharazero1
Yeah, I was very surprised to see the shipping cost of DHL of the 2 Pre-ordered items to only be $35 AUD. Why can't it be that cheap when we buy off of Yahoo  Dodgy
[-] The following 3 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • DuckGWR, MuddyPoppins, Super
when people are willing to pay the steep shipping costs, why not charge customers more while they can?  It is similar to the some of the US ebay sellers using the Global shipping program.  The program quite often charges an import duty despite the value of the item(s) are relatively cheap.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Yeah when you buy off of Yahoo or Mercari, anything that weighs over a kilo or two is just way too expensive when you choose DHL, and I can't justify paying over $100 for something so minuscule in weight. Because of this it unfortunately leads us to choosing the although cheap, but DREADFULLY long sea mail option.
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
parcels are not shipped purely on weight . The couriers use volumetric weight . ie The cost of a shipment can be affected by the amount of space that it occupies on an aircraft, rather than the actual weight.
 How to Calculate [b]Volumetric Weight[/b]
  1. Multiply the parcel's three dimensions (length x height x width)
  2. If you are using centimetres then divide the result by 5000 (or 4000 for EU economy services). ...
  3. The resulting figure represents the volumetric weight of your parcel.
[-] The following 2 users Like rekp's post:
  • DuckGWR, Tharazero1
Hmmmm. I don't buy that one bit. I ordered a parcel that only had 2 trains in it and the DHL shipping option cost like $80
(10-07-2020, 07:41 AM)rekp Wrote: parcels are not shipped purely on weight . The couriers use volumetric weight . ie The cost of a shipment can be affected by the amount of space that it occupies on an aircraft, rather than the actual weight.
 How to Calculate [b]Volumetric Weight[/b]
  1. Multiply the parcel's three dimensions (length x height x width)
  2. If you are using centimetres then divide the result by 5000 (or 4000 for EU economy services). ...
  3. The resulting figure represents the volumetric weight of your parcel.
So using the 5000 constant, Volumetric Weight is exactly the same as Volume measured in units of one fifth of a litre. Why is the word "weight" involved?
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Simply because as it is a term used in the logistics industry and especially the aeronautics business it is intrinsically a weight to allow key weight distribution on an aircraft to enable it to fly .
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2020, 04:01 PM by Super.)
In fact it's easy enough to Google Volumetric Weight and find that the result of the calculation given above is expressed in kilograms, which flies in the face of physics, but flies in the hold of DHL Express.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2020, 02:26 AM by Super.)
Plaza Japan seemed to have gotten more pre-orders available so if anyone wants to pre-order this item heres the link.

https://www.plazajapan.com/4904810153160/
[-] The following 3 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • chrisjo, MuddyPoppins, Super