"Here's Looking At You Kid"

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Tharazero1
Only about 2 weeks left to wait!!!
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
This video shows more of the Thomas engine up close and what it does. I didn't realize it is Tender Wagon driven. AA Flat Drive in the Wagon and also uses a AA battery to run the eyes and sound in the Engine. Wonder if the 'clicking' with the eye movements was something they wanted or just a result of the mechanics? The sounds seem to be very audible and not drowned out by the sound of the motor or clicking of the eyes...at least in the video but that may be because of the microphone used.

I would have loved to include this set with the Future World collection but I don't like any of the Talking trains that are in Japanese. What I have always wondered is, why does Plarail use English words on the model, where it was made, name and on/off switch but they won't also have an English speaking versions. If they did I would have every Thomas set included in the Future World Collection.

[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Tharazero1
I might plan on getting this in November
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
[-] The following 2 users Like Trainboy90 Productions's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
After watching the video I now have mixed feelings about this...
On one hand, I love the battery powered tender’s attractive design and color scheme, and it’s potential to be added to weaker engines for a “boost”, and I LOVE that Thomas’ eyes move, but I had thought that this was a fixed tender upgraded version of the basic FisherPrice type talking Thomas, so I am kind of disappointed to see that it’s a tender driven engine, because they are sloppy runners and very inherent to derailing and causing problems.
[-] The following 3 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, Super
I'll pass on that one. Tender/wagon driven engines are in general not my thing, they are prone to derailment, and just don't look good in motion. Besides, i don't like the colour of that wagon, in my opinion it's a bit too bright. Also, the rapid-eye-movement looks a bit scary.
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
i have a feeling this set will be selling like hot cakes.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
It looked like there was some way to make the eyes react differently in the video, so that might be fun to figure out, and yes, that green is a little bright, but it actually is a useful accent that’s been missing from Plarail’s pallet, and compliments a currently limited, but seemingly growing new color scheme being introduced.
It perfectly matches the green used in the Plarail Ashima break van, and if I am not mistaken the same green used in that Purple and Green Plarail Musky new release too right?
So it seems to be the trend.
After thinking about it today, I think that the Thomas can actually be put to great use by being pulled (and best filmed) from behind, using a works unit car, and Ashima will become a “double banger” with her new found tender and snappy matching break van!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
I was thinking that the eyes responded differently with what he was saying or sounding. I do think its a neat Thomas for sure, taking a talking Thomas and animating him. I am agreeing with Leylands guess that this may be a big seller in Japan.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
I was looking at this set, and after realizing that the Thomas in this set is Tender Driven, you could possibly replace it with the motorized Annie from either the second generation Plarail Talking Thomas

[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Or you could replace it with the faster Motorized Annie from either the Plarail or Tomy Steam Along Thomas Trains with minor modifications to the coupling.

[Image: D0-A3-R31-Xg-AAk-Fzq.jpg]

[Image: ls430lux-img600x359-1491965551xmuebo15359.jpg]

I think with any of these modifications it would make the set much more appealing, enjoyable and most importantly realistic to the show.
[-] The following 4 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Super