Today 01:53 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 21
Online Selling Shockers
Last Post: chrisjo
Today 12:25 AM
» Replies: 101
» Views: 7745
How Many Motorized Road Vehicles Are The...
Last Post: chrisjo
Yesterday 06:50 PM
» Replies: 84
» Views: 27889
Trackmaster Revolution (TMR) New release...
Last Post: Off The Rails
Yesterday 02:38 PM
» Replies: 774
» Views: 433994
Product Numbering & Bar Code Verificatio...
Last Post: Vio
Yesterday 07:57 AM
» Replies: 77
» Views: 6976
Angry powerful gordon
Last Post: Super
Yesterday 04:20 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 109
My new friends from Japan
Last Post: Super
11-26-2020 07:38 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 136
Shinkansen Transformation Robo: Shinkali...
Last Post: AOF04
11-25-2020 05:16 AM
» Replies: 521
» Views: 159845
Recent FB purchase
Last Post: bijomaru78
11-25-2020 02:01 AM
» Replies: 40
» Views: 4625

2021 Osaka Plarail Expo
Hi guys,
I'd just thought that I'd share to you guys that the Osaka Plarail Expo that was originally cancelled this year is going ahead from January 1st - 11th.

Just with any expo there are give aways and this year for the Thomas line there are Red, Green and Blue coloured box cars, which appear to be a new mold:

[Image: present2.jpg]

And for the normal Plarail line there is a middle N700S carriage:

[Image: present1.jpg]

I'll be grabbing the box cars once they appear for sale, and I just thought I'd tell you guys so you can get them too.
[-] The following 3 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • Super, Mister No, BoCoTheDiesel
Thanks Thara, glad to hear they will have the Osaka Expo as I love to watch the YouTube videos of the event.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tharazero1
The N700S intermediate car seems to have some kind of gimmick. What's that black bit above the coupling? The Japanese text [新幹線 N700S確認試験車 中間車] doesn't tell us anything.
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
The only gimmick is that Plarail looks to have come up with a different way for their 'See Inside' PlaKid Coaches to open and eliminating the bulky side clips that others have.

Check out Suzukawas video of the unboxing of the N700S Middle Car Set starting at the 6:09 minute mark. Now my only question would be if they include a PlaKid in the give away?

[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • Tharazero1, chrisjo, Mister No
I think the van is the same mold as the one in this Big World big Adventure pack.
[Image: 4904810618935-a24aa4c0364348b8fbf66ca72f...5831-1.png]

I thought this new one didn't rock maybe but looking at the wheels it looks like the red van's front wheel is "down" and the back wheel is "up." The promo also calls it a "swaying freight car"
[-] The following 4 users Like DuckGWR's post:
  • Super, chrisjo, Mister No, Tharazero1
I probably see them revealing the new Plarail Thomas models for 2021. Possibly Kenji (Probably a modified 0 Series mold as Plarail already made them over the years), Duchess of Loughborough (Probably a brand new mold and a recycled Spencer Tender), and if possible; Sonny (Probably a new mold as well). Like I said, these are just predictions. Who knows?
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/TB90Productions
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trainboy90 Productions's post:
  • Super
I'm attending this one. It is an important event as the event floor layout is said to change every 2 years. This is the 2nd year already so I'm expecting to see changes.
[-] The following 2 users Like Vio's post:
  • DuckGWR, Mister No
Shocked 
Super's shameful Nitpicking... Sleepy

Does those Boxcars remind anyone else of Trackmaster II - Revolution?

They look small and have missing details...

I can't see both ends but the one we do see (face side) is that its smooth and flat with no details. If this is a wooden Boxcar where are the end details like on the Troublesome Truck. Could the other end be smooth and flat too?

Are there really boxcars with a pitched roof like that in real life? Just seemed weird to me that the pitch is high like a house?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
That type of car does exist, I've mostly seen it called a salt van. The roofs really are pitched at that high of an angle.

[Image: 374747.jpg]
[Image: unnamed.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like DuckGWR's post:
  • Super, Mister No
Thanks Duck, I had no idea. I do like the looks of your pictured real one and can see that it is indeed a smaller type than the normal Boxcar size so maybe that is why the Plarail one is small too. I would love to see a Plarail model (not Thomas) that was exactly like that Salt wagon. Just look at the details on the end. Maybe a special 3 pack with different livery's.
This car: [Image: present2.jpg]
Nia's car: [Image: s-l1600.jpg]

You're not nitpicking, Super. There are no front details; nothing new here. Even the face seems the same. It's the same car, just new colours. Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Super, DuckGWR
I am really liking that Salt Box Car. Wonder if there is a OO scale version that can be converted to Plarail?
There is a TrackMaster 2 wagon that is a decent match for a salt van, it's one of the only TrackMaster 2 wagons that I don't immediately chuck in the parts bin. Pity it isn't a bit taller.
[Image: Track-Master-Timothy.jpg]

There's also a nicer painted and slightly better proportioned one from classic TrackMaster that was in a few things, I have a green one with a black roof from a quarry cars truck pack, but it was available with a few different engines and other truck packs
[Image: Track-Master-Duck-AClose-Shave.jpg]

The old Henry box car is supposed to be a salt van as well I believe, however the roof is not nearly as pitched and having originally been a much older Plarail mold it doesn't have the details any of the others do. It was still being used by Mattel basically unchanged up to the end of classic Trackmaster in various colors.
I'm sure there are a number of OO/HO salt vans you could convert to Plarail easily as well
[-] The following 2 users Like DuckGWR's post:
  • Tharazero1, Super
Trackmaster #1 has a lot of the so call "Salt Van"  Diesel works (Black roof with green body) comes to mine.  In fact there are at least 2 version (one with the logo and other one don't).
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Well, I don't say this too much but...that Revolution Salt Wagon has much more details than the original Trackmaster version.

@Duck
In your first picture, Timothy,...does the two Revolution wagons really have real spoked wheels?

Good news (for me) is there really is Dublo OO Salt Wagon exactly like the real one. I am going to have to find one here in the States and see if its possible to modify it.

[Image: 4665-Dublo-SD04-3219756-Qty1-1.jpg]