2021 Osaka Plarail Expo

20 Replies, 8510 Views

Hi guys,
I'd just thought that I'd share to you guys that the Osaka Plarail Expo that was originally cancelled this year is going ahead from January 1st - 11th.

Just with any expo there are give aways and this year for the Thomas line there are Red, Green and Blue coloured box cars, which appear to be a new mold:

[Image: present2.jpg]

And for the normal Plarail line there is a middle N700S carriage:

[Image: present1.jpg]

I'll be grabbing the box cars once they appear for sale, and I just thought I'd tell you guys so you can get them too.
[-] The following 3 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • BoCoTheDiesel, Mister No, Super
Thanks Thara, glad to hear they will have the Osaka Expo as I love to watch the YouTube videos of the event.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tharazero1
The N700S intermediate car seems to have some kind of gimmick. What's that black bit above the coupling? The Japanese text [新幹線 N700S確認試験車 中間車] doesn't tell us anything.
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
The only gimmick is that Plarail looks to have come up with a different way for their 'See Inside' PlaKid Coaches to open and eliminating the bulky side clips that others have.

Check out Suzukawas video of the unboxing of the N700S Middle Car Set starting at the 6:09 minute mark. Now my only question would be if they include a PlaKid in the give away?

[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, Mister No, Tharazero1
I think the van is the same mold as the one in this Big World big Adventure pack.
[Image: 4904810618935-a24aa4c0364348b8fbf66ca72f...5831-1.png]

I thought this new one didn't rock maybe but looking at the wheels it looks like the red van's front wheel is "down" and the back wheel is "up." The promo also calls it a "swaying freight car"
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 4 users Like DuckGWR's post:
  • chrisjo, Mister No, Super, Tharazero1
I probably see them revealing the new Plarail Thomas models for 2021. Possibly Kenji (Probably a modified 0 Series mold as Plarail already made them over the years), Duchess of Loughborough (Probably a brand new mold and a recycled Spencer Tender), and if possible; Sonny (Probably a new mold as well). Like I said, these are just predictions. Who knows?
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trainboy90 Productions's post:
  • Super
I'm attending this one. It is an important event as the event floor layout is said to change every 2 years. This is the 2nd year already so I'm expecting to see changes.
[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • DuckGWR, Mister No
Super's shameful Nitpicking... Sleepy

Does those Boxcars remind anyone else of Trackmaster II - Revolution?

They look small and have missing details...

I can't see both ends but the one we do see (face side) is that its smooth and flat with no details. If this is a wooden Boxcar where are the end details like on the Troublesome Truck. Could the other end be smooth and flat too?

Are there really boxcars with a pitched roof like that in real life? Just seemed weird to me that the pitch is high like a house?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
That type of car does exist, I've mostly seen it called a salt van. The roofs really are pitched at that high of an angle.

[Image: 374747.jpg]
[Image: unnamed.jpg]
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 2 users Like DuckGWR's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Thanks Duck, I had no idea. I do like the looks of your pictured real one and can see that it is indeed a smaller type than the normal Boxcar size so maybe that is why the Plarail one is small too. I would love to see a Plarail model (not Thomas) that was exactly like that Salt wagon. Just look at the details on the end. Maybe a special 3 pack with different livery's.