Interesting version of Thomas and Cranky set!

5 Replies, 3229 Views

Hi all, was recently browsing a site called Shpock to see if I could find any good deals on Tomy/TrackMaster items when I stumbled upon this: The Thomas and Cranky Deluxe Action Set but included was a free Diesel 10 and his brown trucks! I've never seen this variant before and I just wanted to share it with you guys.  Smile

[Image: tsgz5DFT][Image: 5eb433a4062130239b99633e.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like BoCoTheDiesel's post:
  • DalaGStanator, FfarquharDeveloper, MuddyPoppins, Tharazero1
I've got that one, I found it in a local charity shop in 2015. It was Woolworths UK, now no longer with us.
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • BoCoTheDiesel, DalaGStanator, Super
Never knew that Woolworth was outside of the US. Were they also in Australia? Is the only difference with this set and the non-Woolworth Exclusive is the included Diesel 10?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Both versions were UK 'Woolies' exclusives, except that there seems to have been a Korean issue of the standard one as well. Woolworths closed their 800+ UK stores at the end of 2008.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2020, 12:38 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • BoCoTheDiesel, DalaGStanator, Super
Wow, I must say I've never seen this variation before. GREAT FIND!

And yes Super, Woolworths is in Australia, it's currently 1 of the 3 major supermarkets here
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • BoCoTheDiesel, Super
I wonder if The Woolworths in the UK and Australia were connected with the ones in the US as I believe the last few remaining ones closed in the 90's
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tharazero1