Could Be the Best Custom Ever???

5 Replies, 3515 Views

This has got to be one of the best total custom Plarail train ever...

Cassianic Railway No. 4

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, Tharazero1
Wow the detail and finish quality. Professional!
[-] The following 2 users Like ajtrain944's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Faithful reproduction of the unusual side rod transmission of the real locomotive...
It's not only looking good, it works! Exquisite! 
And the caboose is also a very quality and detailed work. The whole train looks great!!
Thanks for bringing it to our attention, Super!
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
what material does this youtuber user use to build the body?
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Doesn't it show how he made it in the first video Leyland?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
The same person made a Garratt that runs in both directions and a Schienenzeppelin (a.k.a. Hugo) that's driven by the propeller. The only Plarail compatible Shay I recall seeing before was made from a Thomas body, Ferdinand's bufferbeam and an Emily tender, but this is much more sophisticated and faithful to the original. Like Mister No wrote, they did a genius job recreating how the pistons operate. It's a real "Shay"me TOMY would most likely not do it in an official version, given how talented its product designers are. Would've been awesome if there were a localized range like Tomica World, only with more North American prototypes. Those Japanese customizers are so gifted I've wanted to start a megathread about their creations. Problem is, it would be too hard to keep track because of all the (outstanding) work they've done over the years. If this is possible, then it wouldn't surprise me if anyone built a Darjeeling Himalayan B Class like it. Thanks for sharing.

P.S.: please correct "Cassianic Railway" to Cass Scenic Railroad State Park.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2023, 09:26 AM by DalaGStanator.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super