A Hasty Tour of Henley

8 Replies, 5477 Views

As suggested, I am moving this thread to General Discussions under the thread title, Henley. Thank you.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chops's post:
  • Mister No, Off The Rails, Super
What a great Story Video Chops one that has special meaning for your time spent in Britain. Beautiful Layout with great details and reproductions of your memories...I love it. And thanks for the BluePlasticTracks shoutout at the end.

Why don't you start your own Thread in the General Forum where you can Post your videos in one place so its easy for members and visitors alike to find them? It also helps others that may have questions or comments to keep them in one place so they aren't scattered around in different Forums.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
What a nice place!
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Yes, that was a very classy, lovely video.Smile
May ask where on earth you found perfectly proportioned little people to sit inside of your Schweppes DD bus??
Did you make them?
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
(10-28-2020, 12:33 AM)Super Wrote: What a great Story Video Chops one that has special meaning for your time spent in Britain. Beautiful Layout with great details and reproductions of your memories...I love it. And thanks for the BluePlasticTracks shoutout at the end.

Why don't you start your own Thread in the General Forum where you can Post your videos in one place so its easy for members and visitors alike to find them? It also helps others that may have questions or comments to keep them in one place so they aren't scattered around in different Forums.

I shall, we’ll call it ‘Henley.” I am still trying to navigate the muddy waters. As I muck about in North American, no less inspired by the Reverend Awbry, I‘ll call it “Armodilloville.” Thank you for the recommendation.

(10-28-2020, 03:56 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Yes, that was a very classy, lovely video.Smile
May ask where on earth you found perfectly proportioned little people to sit inside of your Schweppes DD bus??
Did you make them?

The green DD, The ladies with umbrellas, are by Prieser. I have no such steady hand to paint them. They are seated at a slight cant to accommodate their dresses. Another bus is fitted with N scale figurines, and many passenger coaches are populated by cheap 1/100th scale seated figures I think might be used in architectural models, available on eBay for cheap.

The Preiser ones are a bit dear, so when birthdays and the like come around I blandly tell my children if they wish to gift me to give me one set of Edwardian figurines. It adds up. Big Grin It beats socks or a stupid tie.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2020, 06:05 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chops's post:
  • Super
I see that you specifically mentioned mounds in your video..
Are you also an ancient archeology/mysteries of megalithic builders, and lost civilization theories type enthusiasts?
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
Anytime I see “Ancient Aliens,” I switch channels in haste. I read a great deal, my little night watchman job allows for that, and my reading and observation of prison inmates (I worked in corrections for a tad, the staff being far more fearsome than the inmates) I have concluded that the Pyramids, Eygyptian, Mayan, Aztecian, were built by well fed and utterly brilliant artisans and civil engineers, as gifted with the manipulation of stone as we are with silicon (sand).

That being said, ANYTHING old is fascinating to me. Dinosaurs, Neanderthals, Astronomy, I love it all and it worms it’s way into my train sets. Darwinism is explains many things, but has huge gaps in it, mostly related to the essence of morphological changes over time. For example, the Theory of Evolution declares that dolphins descended from wolves, and whales from a small deer like creature. The increments from snout to blowhole had to occur ever so gradually and in such precise conditions as to defy logic and statistical probability of the most generous nature.

Are you?
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2020, 07:56 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Chops's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Yes most definitely, though I would tend to lean more towards the alternative timelines of John Anthony West, Dr. Robert Schock, Brien Forester, Cfapps, Praveen Mohan, & Bright Insight when it comes to theory.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
I will have to take a look!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chops's post:
  • Super