Henley

15 Replies, 6636 Views

As graciously suggested, all my relevant posts to this title will be put here. I am going to start by double posting “A Hasty Tour of Henley” (sorry, will be the last time) and keep them all in this corner To avoid cluttering up this most unique and interesting Forum. Until Eric the Train Fan mentioned BPR, I really had no idea it existed. After reading as many threads as I could, two things became evident: people here enjoy their trains on a visceral level, and two, I had forgotten how the PBS series of Thomas the Tank Engine had intrigued me. This in a time before digital recording was a “thing.” I’m a bit of a technophobe, thus it was by merely hitting the wrong button on a cheap pawn shop Kodak camera that I discovered one could actually film model trains, much less anything else, such as my foot, which was often the case. Through much gnashing of teeth and rending of garments it was discovered that one could edit one’s own films. Apparently, there is a new a Windows 10 app that will do it for you, which I find a little insulting, where’s the fun in that? As it is all these nasty little devices speak at me and try to upsell me at every turn of spam, much like ‘Hal’ in Kubrick’s prophetic ‘2001.’ So, with regards to the brilliant late Reverend Awbry, I repeat the introduction to “Henley,” my home from ‘67 to ‘68.

and the other early post of Henley, referencing my second addiction, “Armodilloville.”

Ok, that should do it, and thank you for your patience and interest. Again, all of this has its roots in Awbry and a simple joy of trains.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chops's post:
  • Super
What an Awesome Layout of the British country of yore. Here is a coach that I don't think I have seen before. Might this have been crude, let alone dangerous, version of a modern Tourist/Sight Seeing Coach?

[Image: Untitlseed.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(10-28-2020, 08:51 AM)Super Wrote: What an Awesome Layout of the British country of yore. Here is a coach that I don't think I have seen before. Might this have been crude, let alone dangerous, version of a modern Tourist/Sight Seeing Coach?

[Image: Untitlseed.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A better image of Sir Chops, looks a bit like Sir Topham Hat. 

Thanks! The open air coach is a model, forget by whom, that was used 
as a tourist coach in some French resort area about the turn of the century. 
Here, indeed, it is packed with tourists on a Nessie Watch tour eager to catch 
a glimpse of the elusive creature.
  • Super
Oh man, I need cobblestone roads just like that for my current layout project! For some weird reason, stuff like that has gotten difficult for me to find nowadays or unreasonably expensive when I do find it.
A little before Rev. Awdry’s time. Smile

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2020, 10:44 AM by Super.)
  • Super

Taking inspiration from the Island of Sodor.

And some Covidian spoofery.
  • Super
Having taken inspiration from TTTE, another vid. Quite a step up from the 1939 Brownie Box 8 mm I was previously accustomed, unto. 

Why are the screens so small?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Had some trouble figuring out what "aspect ratio" meant, and by trial and error I figured out how to click on the right icons. In latet videos, like this one, I think I fixed it. Any rate, there is a little Sodor in all of us. 

• Super