Armodilloville

15 Replies, 7122 Views

As kindly suggested, I will group anything North American in this thread heading. Clearly, the predominant interest here is BPR, and that is very new to me, excepting one thing: and that being the PBS series “TTTE” was what planted the seed in my head, long before digitalization was commercially available. Eh, warning, I shoot a lot of these videos. Simply because it’s a gas. Start by reposting this, and no more double posting, I promise.

Armodilloville. Initially inspired by TTTE series back in the Dark Pre Binary Days, follows a variety of North American model railroading. For twenty years I was a member of a local model train Club, that had its genesis in 1950. I joined it in 1996. I recently disenjoined it, not because of Covid, but it was time to let the new administration enjoy doing it their way. In those forthcoming videos, if the trains belong to someone else, they will be clearly identified as such. These days, I divide my attention between the North American “Armodilloville” and the OO British “Henley.”

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2020, 08:32 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Chops's post:
  • Mister No, Off The Rails, Super
Just love your Layout Chops, so much going on in such a small space. I really like that real electric Bus, is it custom made? I got a good chuckle when seeing the Cows herded right into the Hamburger Joint. Can't get any fresher than that. The Partridge Family bus is cool to. Is that an HO model or maybe diecast?

Ah...haven't heard Peter, Paul and Mary in years...thanks for the memory.

[Image: Untitledbg.jpg]

[Image: Usntithhled.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I really enjoyed seeing this layout! The little boxcab locomotive is especially cool and you can never go wrong with an EMD switcher on your roster.

If I ever live in a place with adequate room, my plan is to build a small, post-war era HO layout. I’ve collected the motive power but decided I needed one more Kato built Atlas Alco RS11. I have also made a start on rolling stock, structures, and the like. Seeing Armadilloville inspires me to keep, well, “chugging along” on my project!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
Wow! A trolleybus!  Heart
We don't see trolleybuses on layouts often!
Very nice!
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Thanks, the trolley bus is vintage Einheim, circa 1960. Fairly easy to find on eBay as NOS. Marketed under different labels, this one being “South Street.”

Having a Canadian childhood, I have a weakness for that which is Canadian.

“Jade Fog” and “Fogite” are the intellectual and creative property of a friend at Teddybear Sports Wear and Promotions, used by permission.
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2020, 11:02 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chops's post:
  • Super
Wow, you are right...I see there are several of those Trolley Buses on Ebay. What voltage does it use...12?
It can use either 12 DC or 16 AC. There is some unique aspect of the motor that permits this, I am afraid I don’t know just how that works. I use DC, and am reluctant to use AC for fear of toasting the delicate antique motor, having done so once.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chops's post:
  • Super

More inspiration from the Island of Sodor.

(10-30-2020, 02:53 AM)Chops Wrote: It can use either 12 DC or 16 AC. There is some unique aspect of the motor that permits this, I am afraid I don’t know just how that works. I use DC, and am reluctant to use AC for fear of toasting the delicate antique motor, having done so once.

I wonder if using a lower voltage DC would slow the bus down some.
I really enjoyed the video with the Canadian trains. I presume the red CP locomotive is an SD7/SD9 but I can’t quite identify the CN loco. It looks like an Alco (or MLW, since it’s Canadian) Century series but that’s the best I can manage.

The double cab electric switcher in the Fogomania video also has me intrigued. What’s the background info on that one?

CN has a pretty significant presence where I live, so my kids and I often railfan their main line through the area. They’ve used a pretty diverse roster in the time we’ve watched them but sadly, nothing quite like the engines in your “Bugged Out” video.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super