Armodilloville

15 Replies, 7016 Views

Yes, lower voltage does slow it down some, and it travels reasonably well, except that it tends to overheat when kept at a lower voltage too long. In doing so I burned the antique motor of one bus, and had to replace it.  Angry  I do try to slow it down when I can get my hands 
free, typically there are three to four trains, including the bus running simultaneously, and two trains are in danger of imminent collision if 
I am distracted. 

I do believe that is an SD9. I don't have an overabundance of natural talent, so I slopped some red paint over an existing shell, by brush, and did my best to tease on some decals. Not awful from a distance, but would not stand scrutiny. Runs suitably well. 

Eric was asking about an overview of Armodilloville, so I cobbled this bit together this afternoon. The thing is constantly getting upgraded or changed about, so by next week it will probably have even more stuff, and some in different places. The airplane actually, flies, but will need a separate transformer wired into it, as the nine volt battery I attached sends it into hyperspeed and the battery drains out in about five minutes. 

Again, the inspiration of the thing largely comes from TTTE. There is a connection to what you fellows, and gals,  are doing supremely well.  Smile

Another one, done a week or two ago, a Covid spoof, I try to laugh at my problems, when possible, paired to the Alan Parsons Project. 

The orange, center cabbed shunter, was an AHM 4 wheel job
painted for the Hooker Chemical Company out of Niagra Falls, NY. 
I had it around for some years, and never quite thrilled with its
poor performance characteristics I sold it on eBay for a pittance
and replaced it with something else, that will show up here 
eventually, I think. 

Two other double cabbed locomotives are the MDC Box Cab switcher, after a 1900 dockside switcher, no longer in production, and a mystery electric locomotive, also painted for the Hooker Company. 

I have no doubt that the authors of the Hooker Chemical paint scheme had great fun tormenting mothers and wives, everywhere.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2020, 12:25 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chops's post:
  • Super
At the 1:00 minute mark in "Tour Time" the Trolley Bus is moving at a much more realistic speed...slow for city streets...I like it.

Eww...did the T-Rex throw-up?

[Image: Untsweitled.jpg]

Is the wooden framework over the Layout for a dust cover when not playing?

[Image: Untreitled.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Hey Chops, thanks for the information!

Now I know what to look out for when trying to avoid COVID. Big Grin Wish I’d known that back in July!

More great looking locomotives and trains BTW. All those billboard box cars reminds me of growing up in the 70s with all the Tyco, Bachmann and AHM sets. I don’t miss the wonky locomotives but at least everything LOOKED cool! The standouts for me in the COVID bug video were the dark green Central Vermont GP7 (or GP9, depending on which box they came in) and the blue Boston & Maine GP38(?).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
Yes, wooden frame covered with a painter’s tarp when not in use. El Paso notoriously dusty, especially when the wind blows. I believe that is an autumnal tree viewed from above. Blush

[-] The following 1 user Likes Chops's post:
  • Super
(11-05-2020, 05:54 AM)Chops Wrote: Yes, wooden frame covered with a painter’s tarp when not in use.

Ah...yes, Dust...the bane of every train Layout. Dodgy

So the taste of the little villagers didn't upset the T-Rex's stomach Smile

BTW: are the Armodillos a Local High School in your area or maybe where you went to school??
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
No Armadillos around here, that is more of a North Texas/Oklahoma thing. Local lore is that a Doodle Bug ran from El Paso to Albuquerque back in ‘20’s. A boy with a broom was employed to sit on the pilot and sweep horned toads off the rails as the MDC rattled along. Not sure I countenance this- there isn’t any room to perch up there, and if the sweeper fell off it would make a bigger squish than a small desert toad.Nice story, though, and these pleasant reptiles do show up on my door step once in a while.