Custom TOMY Paxton

7 Replies, 4856 Views

I feel like this is starting to clutter this forum category and might be better suited for the modification gallery but I digress.

Earlier a bit past midnight today, I completed my Custom TOMY Paxton.

[Image: Paxton.jpg]

I made a Custom of him as on Thanksgiving the Motorized Paxton was revealed and that just gave me a push of motivation to make one considering I had almost basically everything I needed to make a Custom. I'm not too fond of the Classic TrackMaster release for reasons similar to HankAmericanEngine's reasons described in his video nor am I too thrilled with the drive unit used across the TM2 range plus I can't buy a TrackMaster Paxton at the moment which is why he has the face he has at the moment and not a Wooden Railway Face. I do intend on revamping him to use a Wooden Railway face and to fix some of the errors on him in the future but for now, I'm happy with this.

Behind the Scenes Gallery:

[Image: Paxton-BTS-1.jpg] [Image: Paxton-BTS-2.jpg]  [Image: Paxton-BTS-3.jpg] [Image: Paxton-BTS-4.jpg] [Image: Paxton-BTS-5.jpg] [Image: Paxton-BTS-6.jpg] [Image: Paxton-BTS-7.jpg] [Image: Paxton-BTS-8.jpg]
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 3 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super, TrainBoy227
Looks like you put a lot of work into him Ffar and the colors are spot on. Nice work.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
how did you manage to get the green paint painted on the black surface?
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
(11-30-2020, 04:56 AM)FfarquharDeveloper Wrote: I do intend on revamping him to use a Wooden Railway face and to fix some of the errors on him in the future

Once you could get one, the current face could be reused for some sort of van, or a stationary machine like one of the cranes. Literally the only errors are the shade of green used (which should look a bit more faded) and the lack of the thin line that splits the yellow stripe into two. One way to achieve that smoothly would be to tape over the stripe across its top and bottom and scrape off/paint over the part that shows through (preferrably not quite the middle since the top is much thinner). Besides those, it's just as good as having the TrackMaster version, and he'll look even better once he gets the WR face. Would you be interested in making Sidney to go with him as well? I'm looking forward to seeing the later revisions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
Thank you LaG
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Leyland, I spray painted it with white Tamiya plastic and metal primer then handpainted it with Royal and Langnickel paints. I do intend on making Sidney as well LaG, however, I cannot preserve its current face sadly as I'm trying to preserve the rest of the details on the front such as the little head code lamp thing.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 2 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
(12-01-2020, 05:52 AM)FfarquharDeveloper Wrote: I cannot preserve its current face sadly as I'm trying to preserve the rest of the details on the front such as the little head code lamp thing.

How exactly would removing the face affect the frame around the lamps? Surely you could simply pry it off using a flat screwdriver or similar and remove the residue with something that would stick to it (Blu-Tack, perhaps). Worst case scenario, you'll just redo the frame and/or repaint the area where the face was.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
It's milliput and it sticks to it rock hard.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 1 user Likes FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • Super