Turns out I did need more trains!

1 Replies, 1987 Views

This is a follow up post to my last in this category. My TOMY Henry and US Talk ‘n’ Action Percy arrived today, much to my delight. Both trains are in very nice cosmetic condition as the photos showed. Henry is from June 2002, and Percy from a month prior.

[Image: 5-C47-DE3-A-C75-E-46-C0-A47-A-E65-B448-C9778.jpg]

Both did not work, however they were repaired in a few short hours. All Henry needed was a quick overvolt on his motor to kick it back to life. I will be making a separate post about this, but there’s something very peculiar about my Henry’s internals. Percy was a much larger job. He did not just have a snapped wire, as I initially suspected, but rather missing 2 entire battery terminals! Thanks to my friend DuckGWR (I really owe you one!), I was able to make some dodgy replacements until I get around to making proper ones from sheet metal. Luckily everything else about him was perfect and in working order, even the joiner between the battery car and engine! Overall very much worth the price I paid. -MagicRail
[-] The following 6 users Like MagicRail's post:
  • BradyLikesTrains, DuckGWR, FfarquharDeveloper, MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1
Quote:Turns out I did need more trains!

[Image: rolling-lol.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]