0-4-0st Porter Replica No.7 Ginger

20 Replies, 8970 Views

[Image: 10-A05961-91-A3-44-C3-B74-B-9-ACEF5-B4-FA1-C.jpg]
No.7 Ginger, built in 2018, wonderful locomotive. Located in narita Chiba prefecture japan, at narita dream farm.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dillon_Trinh's post:
  • Super
Another one that looks like a backyard train or amusement Park ride. But it is a cute stubby. Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
What would this type of locomotive been used for originally? I presume something fairly specific, like a sugar cane plantation or similar. While I love monster steam engines like the Big Boy, I find tiny, narrow gauge locomotives endlessly fascinating.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
[for off the rails]
Coal, clay, logging, construction site, quarries, sugarcane, basically anything.
@ Dillon: Thanks! That’s pretty much what I suspected.
I live in a part of the US that had (or has) logging, sugar cane and gravel pits that at one time were served by rail. Most of it is done with trucks nowadays and steam was gone long before my time but it would’ve been cool to see those operations in action.

A couple standard gauge operations managed to hold on until around the end of the 20th century, mostly running small GE diesel switchers, but they’ve faded away by now.
[Image: B02-C94-EF-1-C05-491-C-89-E1-86-C72-A64942-E.jpg]
Nice locomotive on a nice day.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dillon_Trinh's post:
  • Super
Looks like it might be Xmas lights adorning the coaches.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: Eod-B-x-SU8-Acw7fd.jpg]
Located at Narita Dream Farm.
Wow, that passenger coach looks huge in comparison! It really illustrates the pulling power of even a small engine.

Yep, there’s a song from Thomas about that! Big Grin
(12-06-2020, 09:14 AM)Off The Rails Wrote: Wow, that passenger coach looks huge in comparison! It really illustrates the pulling power of even a small engine.

Yep, there’s a song from Thomas about that! Big Grin

This's only one coach Wink