I just completed this and thought I'd share with you;

[Image: IMG-20201127-221652.jpg]
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Nigels's post:
  • DalaGStanator, FfarquharDeveloper, Super
How many carats are each diamond? Big Grin

Its a painting or bead work?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Think of it like painting by numbers, you have a canvas with a printed image with symbols printed on it and then overlaid with a self-adhesive glue.  You also in the same kit get bags of little plastic gems or diamonds each coded to match the colour of one of the symbols shown on the canvas.  You then spend time with a special pen picking and placing each coloured gem on its appropiate symbols until its covered.  If you're wondering the little white specs are actually reflections off the individual gems as the glitter in the light.  Basically a gem is a half sphere and the top of the sphere has anything up to 16 different facted edges on it to cause the sparkly hence the diamond reference.  It sounds like a pain, but in reality it only took a few hours for a couple of nights to finish Smile

Go check out my FB group "Diamond Painting UK" and you can see some of the spectacular painting designs you can get, some are far bigger and hence need far more gems to complete and of course time.  But its a very popular hobby in these days of pandemic lock downs as it gives people things to do when shut up indoors Smile
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2020, 07:24 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
You have a FaceBook page for this???
Yes, started it a couple of months ago, just reached 210 members today, very popular Smile
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2020, 09:10 AM by Super.)
  • Super
Is it a secret?
The group?  No, not at all why do you ask?  It is set as a private group so only our members get spammed with posts from it, but apart from that it's only a case of joining Smile
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2020, 01:58 AM by Super.)
  • Super
Oh, a double secret group Big Grin
Just because most of the members are ladies I have no reason for it to be a secret group Big Grin
  • Super
Oh...its a secret Harem Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Nigels