WooHoo Done Finished Over and Out

18 Replies, 6900 Views

Sorry for hijacking Super’s thread but the “rule of coaches” is something I also follow. Generally, 3-5 coaches make up a train. For freight, I will put 6-8 in a consist but it gets a bit dicey after that. Switch points, Wyes and turn-around loops get harder to navigate with longer trains and derailments become more likely.

There’s also an issue of aesthetic appeal. While there’s nothing wrong with it, a train with only one coach or car just doesn’t look right to me in most cases. A locomotive pulling three larger coaches looks purposeful but is still short enough to operate on a basic oval layout with some switching and maybe a bridge.
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • DuckGWR, Super
For what seemed like eternity, 7 days for a Priority Mail package, the secret coach has arrived (1st picture) The other 2 pictures shows these hard to find items on the Layout in their 'Rule of Four' form. Smile

You may notice something different to the coaches in their 'Rule of Four' form as I swapped out the gray wheels and couplings with black ones. I think they look sharp that way.
[Image: DSCN0802.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0805.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0809.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, Tharazero1
(12-10-2020, 11:51 AM)Super Wrote: I think they look sharp that way.

Indeed they do, especially with that neat black faceless James! Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
[Image: happy-nodding-smiley-face-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
Oh wow, that’s a sharp looking train! I love that black James with the British style smoke box hatch. The yellow and black coaches look great with it.

Any idea what set the yellow coaches originally came in? They’re definitely a rare find! Aside from having seen one or two, I don’t know anything about them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Mister No
I meant to ask, is the water the printed sheets that were being sold on eBay a while back? You may have answered that already but I’m blaming my post-middle age addled brain for not remembering.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
I think so, if I remember (Post Old Age) this was the seller I bought them from. He has 2 colors of blue, light and dark. I started out with light blue and didn't like the contrast so I re-did the river with dark. He has tons of other prints to that are interesting in different scales.
Water Sheets
WOW!! So that’s where all of the incredibly rare yellow coaches have gone!?!?
You sir, are a yellow coach hoarder...and I applaud you for it!!
Soooo Awesome!!
Congratulations Super!!Smile
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
[Image: mischievous-grin-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins