New "Densha de GO!! Hashirou Yamanote-sen" released in Japan today

3 Replies, 4621 Views

This was released literally less than an hour ago. I was thinking about buying it digitally but I fear that my Japanese account may get locked if they realise it's not a 'genuine' account, so instead I ended up getting one in my Jauce account from Rakuten. Means I need to wait for it some time but at least I'll actually own the game.

It's a remake of the Arcade version that's been around in Japan for few years now and I had a chance to try twice, but now I can actually play at home without getting anxious. Arcade version only had Yamanote line, but this version has a lot more to offer.

Included in the game:
- Yamanote Line (including the newly opened Takanawa Gateway Station)
- Saikyo Line
- Keihin Touhoku Line
- Ueno Tokyo Line 
- Narita Express (NEX) Line

Also included is a VR mode, which I am excited to try on. Once I have it no doubt I'll post a video here, but there should be plenty before then on YouTube.

[Image: 00000008490789_a01.jpg?_ex=512x512]

Check out the official page for more photos and videos. Anyone else excited to finally get a modern Densha de Go? Smile

https://www.jp.square-enix.com/denshadego/
[-] The following 2 users Like bijomaru78's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
I can honestly say I have never heard of it until you mentioned it in another Thread Bijo.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Shuppatsu shinkou!

-plarnold
[-] The following 2 users Like plarnold's post:
  • bijomaru78, Super
(12-02-2020, 11:05 PM)Super Wrote: I can honestly say I have never heard of it until you mentioned it in another Thread Bijo.

Oh I've always been a fan of stuff from Japan so it was probably around 1998 when I got my first Japanese game. I had this guy that would bring me the latest PS1 games, and one day he said he has something rare. I was intrigued and that's how I found Densha de Go. Didn't know driving trains was fun until then Smile Can't say these were long-lasting sessions as the games are quite difficult, but this one seems a lot more approachable based on my limited time on the Arcade machine last summer in Nakano shopping centre.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bijomaru78's post:
  • Super