Mercari Japan Proxy Site Like Jauce Ship to US

23 Replies, 10292 Views

Thanks for the input. I find most of the Agents to be like used car salesmen where they make something look good here but make up the difference by adding something later. They all have different fee structures and frankly, they make if so convoluted (to me) that you can't compare and even though things look good here they get you there. I am sure they do it on purpose to keep us confused if we get a good deal or not. I guess its just like I was told...before I joined in the addicting joy of buying from the Japan Auctions...just jump in and buy something to see what the final results will be.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DuckGWR, Tharazero1
Well $140 to get the below from Jauce in Japan. 2-8days shipping DHL to Colorado.

Thoughts?

[Image: Capture.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ajtrain944's post:
  • Super
(12-10-2020, 04:26 PM)ajtrain944 Wrote: Thoughts?
Maybe clean the vaseline off the lens?
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
Just what I was looking for. Super helpful Smile. It was a screen shot if your on a computer and click the image its large enough to decipher that it is 10 trains with cars, 3 cars/passenger cars and one set. Does that seem a lot for shipping?
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2020, 05:08 PM by Super.)
  • Super
Same with me, when clicking on your picture it takes me to the same small image on the PostImage site and when I click it to enlarge the pic there its like Chrisjo say...looking through vaseline.
(12-10-2020, 04:47 PM)ajtrain944 Wrote: Just what I was looking for. Super helpful Smile. It was a screen shot if your on a computer and click the image its large enough to decipher that it is 10 trains with cars, 3 cars/passenger cars and one set. Does that seem a lot for shipping?

I always try to help where I can.  Smile
US$140 just for the shipping? Not including the other Jauce fees?  It does sound like quite a lot, but I have little experience in what Jauce charge. What shipping method is this?
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Well shoot! Sorry for the poor image. The order has an oliver, douglas, blue c & a, and a rotary train to give a little glimpse Smile.

$140 just for shipping. DHL 2-8 days delivery commitment
  • Super
I would imagine that all those engines drive up the weight and the size of the shipping box would be quite large too add in that because of the Chinese Virus prices have gone up. Your deal is a better than what my agent quoted me for DHL because USPS was no longer accepting packages from Japan EMS. All I had in my package was 1 bridge and 2 coaches which, without packaging weighed in at just under 16oz. They said it would be $145.00 dollars for just that???

There have been many of us here that have had huge packages of trains delivered from Japan at considerable prices, spending thousands on shipping. For that fast of shipping with DHL, in these times, I don't think thats a bad price for the load you are getting. Plus, in my experience with DHL they have super fast Customs for some reason even in these times, don't know why though. If saving money on shipping is what you want, surface shipping (by boat) is the cheapest but may take 3 months to get to you.
Well the order from Jauce came. It was packaged perfectly. It was shipped friday and got to me today (Monday). I have a mint Oliver and many other nice mint trains Smile

See the packaging !

[Image: IMG-5161.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like ajtrain944's post:
  • chrisjo, Super, Tharazero1
I do like DHL. Did you pay the extra for repacking?