Newest old locomotive

7 Replies, 3154 Views

Hi all thought I would share one of my childhood wants from the 80s in mint condition (looks like it's hardly been touched). The good (or bad) old Lima S class emd bulldog nose with my local livery. Have some upgrades coming for it but unsure if I should do them on this example.
[Image: IMG-20201219-212347.jpg]
[-] The following 5 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1
WooHoo...Ucwepn is in the House...raise the roof [Image: jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon.gif]

That engine is a beauty UC is it an engine that as a kid, you saw in real life and dreamed of having one some day? Did you just buy it?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
Yep its a type of locomotive I used to see allot as a kid and used to drool over in hobby shops in its couple of different liveries (in the 80s and 90s), its not a particularly great model or very well detailed as its just a Lima but it was always on my want list, now that I am finally building a HO/OO layout I will be able to service it and enjoy it and many other trains in my collection. Doing Hornby Track packs A-D (still waiting on D so I can get started). I do have the baseboard complete though Wink
[-] The following 5 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1
Fantastic...a new HO Layout for Ucwepn...hope this means some new YouTube Videos [Image: happy-yes-smiley-emoticon.gif]

I hope to see a little boy figure representing you on the new Layout track side and cheering on the Lima S Class EMD as she rolls by.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
Huh, that’s an interesting take on the classic EMD “covered wagons”! I’m familiar with the double cab B Class but I’d never paid attention to this version.
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
I really like your Plarail videos, Ucwepn, I watched some of them several times. 
Your presentations of the models, the comparisons - - I like it a lot!

And I just know the feeling when you finally get something you wanted for so long. Even if that locomotive is not exactly my cup of tea, I'm happy for you! Cheers! Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Looks great, love that old Vline livery, especially on the Comeng
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super
What a nice livery for an EMD style diesel. Orange and grey (similar to TGV) almost always seem to work well together, and it's actually better how the grey roof continues over the orange ends. I'm happy you were able to get this after wishing for one four decades ago. Have you tested it yet to make sure it runs (well or not)? Looking forward to seeing your comeback with 00 and H0.

Out of curiosity, would you be interested in doing one for your Plarail fleet like the other two VR diesels you made? If you still have those, there should also be one to go with them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super