Happy New Year!

8 Replies, 3967 Views

It's New Year's Eve! This year is finally over, so here is a Happy-New-Year-topic!
Here we can wish each other a happy (well, at least happier) New Year!!

[Image: IMG-20201230-134609.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201230-135424.jpg]

As for me, I could think of many saucy words to describe the past year: none of them are appropriate for a public forum. After the start of the pandemic, we were hit by an 5.4 (Richter) earthquake in March. Several thousand aftershocks followed throughout the year, and the big one (6.2) hit this Tuesday, devastating three towns and numerous villages, taking seven lives, including a 12-year-old girl, and leaving thousands of people without a home. Although well shaken, my house still stands (we were 50 km from the epicenter) but my mother, who is a stroke-patient I'm taking care of (I have no confidence in nursing homes over here) is horrified and scared constantly, so she cries a lot. At least my partner and I survived the latest quake together, but I can hardly see my friends, because of the strict Covid-related lockdown, since my country has the highest incidence in the whole EU.

In such circumstances, I was considering giving up shooting a New Year’s video, but I shot it anyway. Because I can't just stop living. Actually, I don't want to – despite everything. Life happens only once in a lifetime!

Happy New Year everyone!

My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister No's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1
Mr No, I appreciate you powering through. Your videos are a great source of comfort and enjoyment. I can fully understand the urge to cast aside those things you enjoy in times of immense difficulty. If you feel you need to step back, or if you find yourself in a situation where you MUST step back, know that people here will understand and be supportive.

And thank you again for making these videos. If you feel despair and uncertainty right now, that’s completely understandable and human. But know that your efforts help bring joy to people all over the world in these dark and troubled times.
[-] The following 4 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1
Thank you for your kind words, OTR. I'm quite fine, considering... I was just asking myself is it alright to "celebrate" anything in such troubled times. But I concluded that it is OK to do small joyful things. It is worthy, no matter what. Happy New Year!
[-] The following 5 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, Super, Tharazero1
[Image: new-year-fireworks-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Happy New Year to all members and browsers alike. Heres hoping that 2021 will be getting us all back on to some semblance of normality.

Cheers Everyone!
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Tharazero1
Happy New Year Mister No!
Hang in there. Things will get better soon in 2021!!Smile
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Mister No, Super, Tharazero1
I enjoy watching your videos, and wish you even more new trains & additions to the landscape on your beautiful layout!

Happy New Year to you and Tully, Muddy!!
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister No's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1
Happy New Year everyone!

You can only see a high if you've seen a low.

-plarnold
[-] The following 4 users Like plarnold's post:
Happy New year everyone! Hope you all have a fantastic 2021 and may all your trains run on time!
[-] The following 4 users Like Ucwepn's post:
Happy new year everyone! Here's to an excellent 2021!
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 4 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post: