Hornby 2021 Product Range

27 Replies, 16454 Views

I'm shocked, for someone who likes techie things you sound like a luddite lol
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Man, I miss my Nokia flip phone(s)! You could kinda text on them, although it was fairly awkward. I’ve also found that not having a home land line is something of a handicap. I wish we could go back to it but AT&T is out of the home phone business so you either have rely on Comcast or a cell provider that offers home phone service.

This is a real problem when you get into rural areas with poor cell coverage. 20 years ago, you could get good quality land line service out in the sticks but now it’s horrible.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
Huh Huh Huh

My Land Line is AT&T??? Its been this way for years. Not Internet phone, not cable...an actual phone line to the Telephone pole...wow, a Telephone Pole Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Off The Rails
I'm not so shocked by Super's phone choices... I bought my smartphone only late 2019, when my old Nokia not-so-smart-phone died. Furthermore, I'm not regretting it, because now I can shoot and edit my videos on that thing... but I'm still missing my beautiful old Moto Razr flip phones I had for years, in many colours!   Big Grin
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
(01-10-2021, 01:56 AM)Super Wrote: Huh Huh Huh

My Land Line is AT&T??? Its been this way for years. Not Internet phone, not cable...an actual phone line to the Telephone pole...wow, a Telephone Pole Big Grin
I will stand corrected then, Super. My mom got a cable VOIP line last year, supposedly because AT&T was getting out of the home phone business. This was partly due the advice of a family member who had a lucrative 20+ career in the telecom and IT business.

However, said relative later turned out to no longer work in the industry because he’s gone completely off his rocker mentally! I guess I really should check my sources! Mea Culpa.

BTW, they DO still offer traditional land line service in my area. There are some now pretty old articles discussing their plans to possibly get out of the home phone business but not right now.
And now with this thread completely derailed (see what I did there?), back to the discussion of Hornby trains.

Those Gresley P1/P3 class are freaking beautiful beasts.
The Princess class are likewise lovely.
Is/was the Lifeson Coal Board a real thing or is that little 0-4-0 shunter another humorous nod to another legendary guitarist? And could a string of R. Fripp trucks be purchased for the Lifeson 0-4-0 to pull?

I’m still kicking myself for not buying a new loco drive 5 MT Black Five a couple years ago.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
(01-10-2021, 01:56 AM)Super Wrote: Huh Huh Huh

How would you know if you got the ringer turned off or don't answer it lol!  For all you know they may have cut you off when they quit the game lol!  Angel

(01-10-2021, 02:01 AM)Mister No Wrote: I'm not so shocked by Super's phone choices... I bought my smartphone only late 2019, when my old Nokia not-so-smart-phone died. Furthermore, I'm not regretting it, because now I can shoot and edit my videos on that thing... but I'm still missing my beautiful old Moto Razr flip phones I had for years, in many colours!   Big Grin

Don't tell anyone, but I still got my original one and a brand new still in box unused one!  The problem these days is to find a SIM that will support them...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2021, 11:56 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Mister No
(01-10-2021, 09:15 PM)Nigels Wrote: How would you know if you got the ringer turned off or don't answer it lol!  For all you know they may have cut you off when they quit the game lol!  Angel

The answer is simple....I use the phone for my calls out only. Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]