holiday finds

4 Replies, 3146 Views

christmas holidays from work, so my partner and i hit the road, and i found a great spot with some tomy rarities. it is actually a private lego/toy museum, and these were stored. the curator sold them to me, but at the same time kept a couple of nice items off the table. hopefully next time!!

if someone can shed some light on the "big sneaker" train please, that would be much appreciated!!

everything tomy/minis acquired on holiday.
[Image: P1140074.jpg]

the box of blocks came from a local auction site. my partner found me a set i already had at a second hand shop that had all the shapes. the set i bought online was missing the shapes. combined them both to complete.
[Image: P1140015.jpg]

siren sounders. i was up til after midnight trying to find out the name of this set. it seems each of the 3 interchangeable tops produces a different siren sound.
[Image: P1140019.jpg]

magic mobil/fold a copter. a real gem and i had to have it. i cannot find another example on google featuring the same sticker.
[Image: P1140039.jpg]  [Image: P1140046.jpg]

MIB pushkin nurse. the curator had 3 of these. she is complete, the chart is under the cardboard base.
[Image: P1140058.jpg]

tomy wind up flipping gorilla. no longer working. found in a box of random toys along with 2 tomy train classic people, tri-seats and station fence.
[Image: P1140068.jpg]

this baffles me. it is tomy, and the stickers say "big sneaker. ANA"
[Image: P1140072.jpg]

these last four are some of what either wasnt of interest or was not for sale.

big loaders. the top set is co-branded toltoys
[Image: P1130977.jpg]

i would have loved this set...
[Image: P1130980.jpg]

gearation. designed to go on the fridge to keep littlies busy in the kitchen.
[Image: P1130982.jpg]

pushkin football player
[Image: P1130975.jpg]
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2021, 11:04 PM by sunhuntin.)
[-] The following 4 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • drewbenn, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, Super
Wow, great finds Sun.

We have discussed that Big Sneaker train before  HERE  where you can get more info.

Love those 2 Pushkin toys.

Anyone else recognize the 'Stunt Pilot' set as either before or after the Plarail Harold Heliport set was created?

[Image: 10048680a.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, sunhuntin
thanks, super. i think the stunt pilot pre-dates the thomas set. i am putting it late 80s, but i neglected to look at it closely so happy to be corrected.
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Of course you are correct with the Stunt Pilot set being released way before the Harold set. Its nice to know that they liked the action of the operated hanger that they kept the specifics and re-made it in more modern times. Maybe you can get that set at a later date.

Here is the name of the other set... Magic Tops

[Image: s-l1gg600.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, sunhuntin
another huge thank you! i have been looking for that picture off and on all day! we found it when researching, but i neglected to save it and been looking since.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super