FfarquharDeveloper's TrackMaster Customs

249 Replies, 90958 Views

Keep up the good work Ffar Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Haven't really done much more this month so here's a recap video of all of the completed things + Rusty done in January 2021.

Please keep in mind that some of the other videos on my channel are not suitable for the website, any videos I post here are suitable for the website. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8tqvBLEzZc
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 2 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Fantastic job on the side rod modification on Rheneas. Great customs, thanks for sharing the updates.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper
So, that's what you sound like. If you'll ever do a full fledged series or adaptations (or take part in others' fan content), you wouldn't be a bad narrator to listen to. Given how big and established your channel is, it surprised me you didn't show anything from it until the Rheneas mod. Speaking of videos that are normally under a minute (such as demos/teasers/whatever), I think you might want to host them somewhere like Streamable and reserve YouTube for any "main" content. Thanks for the recap.
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper, Super
2/4/21

No new progress on the narrow gauge engines at the moment, I'm putting them off to the side to make a few other things at the moment. 

Anyways onto the post, here's my W.I.P. Busy Bee James, I wanted to get a Plarail version but I'm unable to at the moment and the Hit versions are stupidly priced and have funky eyes. I've removed the red paint I applied around 2 years ago and sanded him down, removing his stickers with a knife blade and his lining with sandpaper since it's not present in his Bee Livery.

During sanding.
[Image: BEE-prep-1.jpg]

After sanding preparation. 
[Image: BEE-prep-2.jpg]

I do plan on painting him up tomorrow, I just need to prime him tonight so I can apply the yellow onto him with ease.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 3 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super, Tharazero1
Ironic how if a real Busy Bee James were my only way to get a normal C tender one in good condition, I would've done the complete opposite. Will the eyes, mouth, running board and other detail be painted to match the official one (i.e., grey coal load), or will he have the bee colours only? Unusual how you had to restore his regular colour prior to that; the plastic is usually made in the primary colour to begin with, so it's not like a Wooden or ERTL engine where it can be chipped off (unless it was faded).
Thats a lot of work Ffar...keep going
@laG

Yes, I will be matching the painted face and grey coal load of the official item.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
  • DalaGStanator, Super
2/5/21

Update 1.

Busy Bee James:
Finished sanding off pieces and masked him up, I'll be working on unsoldering the motor from the tender for ease with priming it before airbrushing him and his tender.
[Image: BEE-prep-3.jpg][Image: BEE-prep-4.jpg]

Update 2.
Busy Bee James:

James had his tender unsoldered finally so he could be primed as pictured below.
[Image: BEE-paint1.jpg]

Then was painted yellow first, as to avoid complications with black paint later.
[Image: BEE-paint2.jpg]

Closeup photos of the Tender and Boiler separately at their current state.
[Image: BEE-paint3.jpg][Image: BEE-paint4.jpg]

Old Shape Henry:

His footplate, along with Busy Bee James' was properly painted up, both are currently drying right now and waiting to be given any details needed with an oil sharpie.
[Image: mk1henry4.jpg]

Not Pictured:

Rusty:
- Primed and on the stand waiting to be airbrushed with acrylic

Lady:
- Masked and ready to be touched up with gold

Stanley: 
- Masked and ready for a new coat of red lining and a new coat of silver for his smokebox.

Derek:
- Masked for a quick coat of green

Spencer:
- Masked and ready for a repaint in silver.

Old Slow Coach:
- Awaiting complete repaint since I'm not happy with how I originally did it
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
  • DalaGStanator, Super
2/6/21

Update 1.

Busy Bee James:

OKAY A FEW DESIGN CHANGES, I'm not gonna go through with painting the face or his frames white and red respectively I like it how it is. Anyways here's what happened, he got masked up and painted in a coat of black.
[Image: paint-it-black.jpg][Image: SO-CLOSE-YET-SO-FAR.jpg]

Season 4 Rusty & Old Shape Henry:

Rusty got painted up finally, as shown with his radiator in the James photos and down here. Old Shape Henry and Busy Bee James both have their footplates painted up as well. I'll just be sticking his face back onto the radiator with blu-tack until I can downscale it or get a smaller face.
[Image: Footplates-n-Rusty.jpg]

Update 2

Busy Bee James:
He's mostly done besides his number and portholes now.
[Image: Bee-01.jpg][Image: Bee-02.jpg]

Rusty:
They're mostly complete with the lack of yellow, gold, and a smaller face. Good enough to put on the shelf again though.
[Image: Rusty-01.jpg][Image: Rusty-02.jpg]

Update 3.

Old Shape Henry:
Henry was finally painted albeit a bit too dark, I'm going back and repainting him in a brighter green soon.
BEFORE:
[Image: prepaint5.jpg]
AFTER:
[Image: painted1.jpg]

Busy Bee James:
Busy Bee James needed a bit of touchups with problems involving black paint seeping through.
BEFORE:
[Image: prepaint4.jpg][Image: prepaint3.jpg]
AFTER:
[Image: painted3.jpg][Image: painted2.jpg]

Derek:
Derek was masked and painted Green, then remasked and painted yellow to catch any of the missed areas.
BEFORE:
[Image: prepaint1.jpg]
AFTER:
[Image: painted4.jpg]

Rusty:

Rusty was masked up and painted yellow to get the cab window the correct color.
BEFORE:
[Image: prepaint2.jpg]
AFTER:
[Image: painted5.jpg]
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 3 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super, Tharazero1