Custom Freight Car Sorting

4 Replies, 2804 Views

[Modified Plarail] Sorting freight cars at the hump marshalling yard

This is fantastic...just like the real thing.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • Argozyy, DalaGStanator, FfarquharDeveloper, Mister No
were the cars uncoupled before the train reached the top of the hill?
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Wonderful! Cat pointsman! Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
@Mr No
I love that Pointsman and he must be remote controlled to move to the 3 different positions too. Wonder how he managed to find a character that fit perfectly on the lever like he was made for it.

@Leyland
Its looks like he has uncoupled the cars and...turned them around as the Hooked end of the coupler is now facing away from the engine. What I would like to see is videos of how he made all those custom freight cars.

Added Note:
I am no so sure this video is the property of this YouTubers or someone elses. I have no proof just a hunch especially since in 360p and it was just Posted.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
That's some incredibly well planned automation for Plarail. Stop/gos and 3 way points are fairly simple to motorise, but it looks like they (somehow) modified a stop/go to act as a decoupler. From what I could see, they didn't replace any of the couplings with magnetic ones and the trucks clearly don't "sway" while being pushed, meaning they weren't simply uncoupled beforehand. I have no idea how they made a decoupler for hook and loop couplings, especially given how strong Plarail ones tend to be. Hopefully someone here might have a mechanically plausible theory.