Best Place to find relatively cheap new Tomy Thomas trains

13 Replies, 6940 Views

Hello Everyone! Sadly I sold my entire collection a few years ago since at that time I wasn’t as into Trains as much as I am now and I had a massive collection that I got over the years when I was a lot younger. Since I’ve recently got back into Trains I was wondering if I could maybe get some suggestions on how to find fair priced Tomy Thomas products either new or in good condition since I am new to the world of shopping online for Thomas motorized products. It would be greatly appreciated if I could get some website suggestions or the best terms or sellers to search on/for places like EBay since most people sell the old Tomy Thomas stuff for way to high prices. Thanks again if you do decide to help me out since I’ve been struggling to find mainly new or in good condition Tomy Thomas trains for fair prices on places like EBay.
[-] The following 4 users Like Argozyy's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper, generic_truck_69420, Mister No, Super
Thats a very hard question to answer. Every ones idea of what something costs is relative to how much they want something and how much spendable cash they have.

It may help those with suggestions what country you reside in as a good price for an item could become prohibitive once you add in the shipping costs especially internationally.

Are you interested in the original Trackmaster line, the new Revolution series and would you also be looking for Plarail/Tomy? Also is it just Thomas or any motorized trains that run on the old Trackmaster or Tomy Blue Tracks?

The only suggestion I could give you is to check many times a day for new listings on Ebay to try a nab deals early before the listing is viewed hundreds of times.

BTW: Welcome to BluePlasticTracks Argo Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • Argozyy, FfarquharDeveloper, generic_truck_69420, Mister No
For new items, PlazaJapan has very reasonable prices (~€15 for a Plarail train). I ordered from them several times and their way of packing the items (which is a very important thing in my opinion) is excellent. 

And of course - Welcome, Argozyy! Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Argozyy, generic_truck_69420
Thank you for the suggestion but besides plaza Japan and eBay do you know of any other good websites to find Tomy Thomas motorized trains since I’m more into that. If not then that’s totally ok!  Cool Oh and thanks for the welcome!
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2021, 12:07 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Argozyy's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Mister No, Super
Hmmm, what about Totally Thomas Town?
[Image: banner.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Viktor's post:
  • Argozyy, generic_truck_69420, Super
Totally Thomas Town does have a good variety however it's really expensive nowadays.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 4 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • Argozyy, generic_truck_69420, jaylr234, Super
After searching through the forum about ordering new plarail consensus seems to be plazajapan or ebay is that still the case? Hobbylink japan shipping is too costly other than sea and hobby search concerns me that you can't know exact shipping in advance.

I can get 4 engines on plazajapan + shipping for 150aud/100usd but less is bad value as shipping is fixed (+ domestic tax makes approx 40aud per engine).
One ebay user is selling engines in pre-set lots of four for a comparable price including some discontinued ones eg red rosie. Single ebay engines are around 60aud

What are the odds of getting a boxed fake on ebay? I have taken a particular liking to this out of stock set:
https://www.plazajapan.com/4904810146445/
There a multiple lisitings with similar pictures that link to similar stores/stock levels. It is even listed on aliexpress which i thought was only for fakes?

Bonus question could anyone post an example buy link for a single triangle screwdriver that fits T1/T2 engines or a pinion gear puller for tomy and T1/T2 im finding the ebay listings confusing?
[-] The following 2 users Like Rich.gamble's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, PerkyHydrAan
Honestly the current situation on Ebay is nuts, only real places are plazajapan and the occasion yard sale. (I'm in aus)
[-] The following 3 users Like Logstar53's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, PerkyHydrAan, Rich.gamble
if were talking plarail I say amazon jp but ether that or other vendors all over the place in my situation plazajapan shipping prices have gone off the roof like 40 something pounds around there are you serious almost makes me swear. In the other hand amazon jp shipping is sometimes 10 not bad might go there and get a few things
I liked tomy ever since I found out about it
[-] The following 3 users Like Therealblack64YT's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, PerkyHydrAan, Rich.gamble
Thanks Therealblack. The prices there are good and the listings said they would ship. Some were.on sale and nearly 800 yen cheaper than plazajapan. When I added the engines to cart and set up an account I got the error it would not ship to my country though. Also looks like the items are from different 3rd party sellers as the japanese characters differ:
(Cant get the image to show bigger until you click)

[Image: Screenshot-20220722-094029-Gallery.jpg]

It may still be cheaper with a shipping service but that adds cost and makes it tricky if the package gets lost or damaged.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rich.gamble's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Therealblack64YT