All Engines Go NEWS

550 Replies, 187358 Views

(07-23-2021, 12:21 PM)DalaGStanator Wrote: On the TTTE Wikia Discussions, though it originally came from this promo.

It seems Mattel may have just leaked there own product!
[-] The following 2 users Like LLT_1's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Hi LLT, Welcome to the Forums Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • LLT_1
If you collect the TrackMaster Revolutions (Thomas Motorized) don’t miss out on the current 2021 releases or anything new that hits the shelves in the next 6 months…
It feels like the same wind blowing from back in 2012, and I don’t think they’ll get restocked for very long, if at all, and once they’re gone we won’t see them back again in the same form as a product come 2022.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
@Muddy Poppins, After seeing that new Gold thomas pack with shiny gordon, james  and percy, for the first time in a long time, I genuinly want a trackmaster revolution item.
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 2 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
I’ve stopped watching Trackmaster trains ever since they started putting awful pointed wheels on locomotives and made them incompatible with Plarail tracks. That was the first time they shot themselves in the leg.

The rebooted engines could be a bit overhated: young children may like these rebooted Push Along locomotives.
I mean, look at them:

[Image: thomas-reboot-push-along.jpg]

But if they do the same with motorized trains, they will lose older customers (5-99), and shoot themselves in the other leg as well.

I hope Tomy doesn't even think about some kind of reboot.
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
@Mister No, The rebooted engines are not overhated. If anything we need to show mattel that we hate this. They completely screw over everything previously established: The railway series, classic series and all good merch. That was for everyone. It was all so rich.
This however does not even deserve the name "Thomas & Friends".
But then again, all of this is just coming from a thomas (almost) purist. Feel free to think what you want.
[-] The following 3 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, MuddyPoppins
Dear GreatGordonFan, you are also free to fight your battles, but the real Thomas & Friends are in Rev. Awdry's awesome 26 little "Railway Series" books (nothing can replace those; I hope you read them, they are beautiful!), and (for the models) in Tomy Plarail & Hit Toys products. Everything else is... just not real Thomas. You can't detach the author from his work and pretend it's the real thing. Just look at the newer stories & FP models with awful spiky wheels: if you look closely, you could see they are completely distorted in looks (even Thomas' front wheel looks off!) and the sets are completely insane (walking bridges and jumping & flying engines). There was not much purists-protests about that. And that was also a deterioration of the real Thomas & Friends... 

As I said before, this new pushalongs are something that little children could love. They look rather cute. But time will tell. Motorized engines shouldn't follow that path (I sincerely hope at least Tomy would not make "rebooted" engines/sets; FP is, by all accounts, a hopeless case).

Personally, I would love all companies to get back to basis: there are many, many people who would want nice, original (now "out-of-print" for a long time) engines/characters based on Awdry's tales, not weird looking things invented by some companies "experts". They could be re-released, possibly with some new features & improvements, and they'll sell like hot cakes. But here we have this new direction, and some kids may like it. Maybe there is a place for both of them, old and new, maybe there isn't. The time (and the market) will tell. And maybe "real, old Thomas" will disappear in the past. In real life, some things are just... gone, and they're not coming back anymore. It's hard to accept that when you're young, but it gets easier later. Cheers!
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • GreatGordonFan
@Mister No, I loved reading he railway series.

Stories like "Super Rescue" show just what steam engines are truly capable of. Powerful metal machines. They don't jump off the tracks or act hyperactive.

Thomas has died because for years it has been handled by people who don't care. They don't care about a good show, good reputation or good merchandise. All mattel want is a show that is identical to every show out there. Thomas has lost all it's sticking power

I remember in the early 2010s everyone knew thomas, everyone had thomas toys etc. Now, nobody remembers thomas or buys their toys. Children today don't care about thomas as it's no different to any baby shows out there. 
It's heartbreaking to see this, but there is nothing left for us to do but enjoy the railway series and classic series.
[-] The following 3 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, MuddyPoppins
[Image: thomaspunctures-a-tire.png]

"Hey, lets watch that episode when thomas punctured his tires!"

Seriously, what is this???
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • DalaGStanator
(08-05-2021, 12:03 PM)GreatGordonFan Wrote: "Hey, lets watch that episode when thomas punctured his tires!"

Seriously, what is this???
 And I just thought he was trying to re-charge his array of Lithium ion battery cells at a charging point that was only compatible with a Tesla; shows what little I know. Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator