All Engines Go NEWS

550 Replies, 187490 Views

Ahm, ok. And now back to All Engines Go!  Angel
How cute this determined Thomas face is? 

[Image: Thomas-Sodor-Cup-Push-along.jpg]

[Image: Thomas-Sodor-Cup-Push-along1.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Hold up! Anyone else see a lizard on those photos?
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super
[Image: smiley-face-laughing.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
And dinosaur footprints
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Here is a bigger (though not quite clear) picture of the 3-in-1 Package Pickup Set. It is striking that they opted for earlier, smaller versions of Annie and Clarabel, although there are newer, bigger and better models of these coaches. Thomas’ new model is so big that the two of them look like dwarves compared to him. It’s not clear why they decided to do it, because on the TV show Annie and Clarabel are noticeably bigger than Thomas.

I'm not sure what are Annie & Clarabel doing here at all. After all, it's all about delivering cargo (Mattel is full of surprises; every other set is about that!). And since they included passenger coaches (as small as they possibly could, but never mind), a train station would be a nice touch, wouldn't it? Big Grin

[Image: 3-in-1-Package-Pickup-Set.png]
[Image: ASilent-Delivery-Promo.png]
  • Super
just when you think Mattel is heading to the right direction with the 3D faces Annie, Clarabel, Kenji, etc, it goes backward.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Mister No
New pics of the Seagulls and French Fries Thomas from the rebooted, differently coloured and re-released Bridge Lift Thomas and Skiff Train Set. (They changed the "Brendam" sign too).

We already knew that all three known rebooted Thomas sets are actually re-releases of not-so-long-ago released Motorized sets, but this one is somewhat special. In Fix ‘em Up Friends Track Set we have new Carly, which is ok, but here we have Skiff...despite him not appearing in the rebooted television series. If they haven't already been able to come up with something original, why on earth did they choose this one, which contains a character that doesn't appear in the series, for AEG re-release? Huh

[Image: Motorized2022-Bridge-Lift-Thomasand-Skiff2.jpg]

[Image: Motorized2022-Bridge-Lift-Thomasand-Skiff3.jpg][Image: Motorized2022-Bridge-Lift-Thomasand-Skiff1.jpg]
Is this meant to be a discussion on the TV series or the toys?
[-] The following 1 user Likes jdogman's post:
  • chrisjo
Why not both? Smile
  • GreatGordonFan
When this thread started, there were no toys yet, just the announcement of a TV show. In the meantime, toys also appeared. Toys and a TV show are obviously interconnected, so we can talk about both, right?

Personally, I am not thrilled with the new cartoon, because it desecrates the legacy of Rev. Awdry. But as a cartoon (generally, not as a cartoon about Thomas) it has its qualities: it emphasizes the values ​​of true friendship, mutual success, etc. I watched a few episodes, and it is watchable and there is no violence and disgusting scenes, which is certainly nice. I think, however, that scenes like these could certainly have been avoided:

[Image: wheels-as-hands-1.jpg]

[Image: wheels-as-hands-2.jpg]

But I understand this TV show only as a spin-off of the original series, which it basically is. Not even some previous seasons can be said to be completely true to the original and the first seasons. Some may like it, some may not. Speaking of spin-offs, I loved “The Vampire Diaries” and “The Originals,” but “Legacies” not so much.

On the other hand, the new Thomas & Friends toys are devoid of the flaws of a TV show (e.g. they cannot use the wheels as hands and thus change the position of the crossover), and in themselves seem very beautiful, detailed, vividly coloured and attractive.

So I can’t understand the "avid fans" of the original series who over-criticize these new toys in YouTube videos, angrily throw them on the floor and the like. The resentment towards the direction in which the spin-off of the series went has obviously prompted some people to resent the new Thomas toys. However, some shortcomings can also be noticed in toys, the biggest of which is certainly their size (height) and the related incompatibility with some elements of earlier sets produced by the same company in the same production line. Well, that is already a problem that should be pointed out.

In short, both the TV series and the toy line have their advantages and disadvantages, and I think it would be convenient to discuss them together.
  • chrisjo