New Press n' Go Stunt Engines
When pressed down, the engines will race across the floor:

[Image: Press-NGo1.jpg]
[Image: Press-NGo-Percy.jpg]
[Image: Press-NGo2.jpg]

They have a little wheel in the back, so they could do this:

[Image: Press-NGo3.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
Mister No Wrote:So I can’t understand the "avid fans" of the original series who over-criticize these new toys in YouTube videos, angrily throw them on the floor and the like. The resentment towards the direction in which the spin-off of the series went has obviously prompted some people to resent the new Thomas toys.

If people dislike a franchise or show, they will usually dislike anything that promotes it or is related to it. Looking at the toys reminds you of the direction the show has taken, which would anger most people who hate AEG. It has also been said time and time again that we “should not purchase these toys through any official means” because that would show Mattel that we like and support the show, in turn making them continue producing it. Essentially, it’s sort of a boycott. (However, the people that purchase them just to destroy them make absolutely no sense to me.)
plarail for life
I say, if you want to purchase aeg merch, (dont obviously) if you really have to, get them second hand.
Train it, plane it, you name it!
Is anyone here seriously deluded enough to think that a few (sub-) adults continually ranting ad infinitum about this merchandise on social media and blogs such as this will make any difference to Mattel's sales of their toys to children via their parents? It really is becoming very tiresome and I wish I didn't have to keep reading it on BPT, which is a little like a second home to me.

Constructive criticism about the functionality of the toys is fine, just as it was when Trackmaster Revolution appeared, but repeating the same tiresome, misguided and pointless 'call-to-arms' over and over again is just silly.

If children see these toys and want to have them, it's a done deal, end of story.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No
People are different. There really are some, like me, that are liking the models, but don't care that much about the TV show.

But in any case, people should respect other people opinions. It's all right to dislike something, TV-shows and toys included, but some people should really learn a few things about the boundaries in expressing these feelings. They should think twice before throwing toys on YT, using inappropriate language, and posting pictures.   (Source)

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2021, 09:23 PM by Super.)
I noticed (well the unlucky tug noticed it, but I saw it for myself) something very interensting about modern kids tv shows (this will include the reboot). I noticed this on my 8 year old sister:

Kids get really interested in an ordinary preschool tv show, will watch it all the time, then after no more than a month moves on to another typical kids show and the cycle repeats.
My sister never stays with the same show, literally day she is super interesting in something like Bluey, next day, she's onto something completely different and says she doesn't care about Bluey anymore.

The same thing will happen to AEG. Now it's just an ordinary braindead kids show, it is no different to any other show now. If BWBA did not last (which btw was getting a lot of praise for being politically correct), then this reboot WILL fail.

I recently saw a milkshake (channel 5) AEG promo, and I'm feeling so sad. I remember waking up and first thing I do is run to the tv and turn on milkshake to watch thomas all these years ago. Now, AEG is what kids will will think thomas is, and that is the rubbish they will grow up with, just an ordinary, identical tv show that's no different to the competition.
Train it, plane it, you name it!
@chrisjo I definitely agree, there are inevitably going to be many little kids who enjoy this show and beg their parents to get the toys. I think people who don’t like them should just try to ignore them, as that’s really the best way to deal with it. Ranting isn’t going to make much of a difference at this point.

To be honest, I actually don’t see that big of a downgrade from BWBA to AEG. Nearly all children’s shows are like this these days. Thomas definitely isn’t going to be as popular and memorable now and in the future, but this “baby show” treatment most likely isn’t going away.
plarail for life
(10-24-2021, 01:12 PM)Mister No Wrote: They should think twice before .... publishing pictures (like this one...):
That picture's so grossly offensive that I don't even know where to start. Actually, I'd be a lot happier if it wasn't here on BPT at all.

EDIT: Thankfully it has been removed from BPT, but you can follow the link above if you really want to see how this whole debate has reached new depths of tastelessness.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No
Right you are, Chris: it's totally insane. I cited the source, and now I will leave that to the moderators for evaluation. But that's the world we live in today. I'm just describing it (in a way)... sure I don’t like it either!. Angel
Yeah, the kid shows produced between the 1980's up until around 2008 seem to have a magic touch to them. Now kids just forget and move onto something else a month later. The only modern show that really seems to last in kids is Paw Patrol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThomasSirHandel's post:
  • GreatGordonFan