All Engines Go NEWS

550 Replies, 187478 Views

(10-25-2021, 03:53 AM)ThomasSirHandel Wrote:  The only modern show that really seems to last in kids is Paw Patrol.

Paw partrol is what thomas is being compared to by people today, which is ridiculous as paw patrol came out in 2013, whilst the railway series came out 68 years earlier in 1945.
Train it, plane it, you name it!
Re-released Knapford Station... As far as I can tell, everything is the same..[Image: Knapford2.jpg]
...except Thomas, of course! Big Grin

[Image: Knapford1.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Probaby bye bye to the CGI version
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
(10-24-2021, 09:37 AM)Mister No Wrote: Why not both? Smile

Only because this was placed in the general board. Even though Thomas is owned by a toy company, my opinion is that toys are not the show. The toys are an optional part of getting into Thomas and are only available for a selected period while the whole show is going to be around as long as productions of DVDs continue but more likely through digital downloads and the official YouTube channels.

I haven't seen any of the reboot yet, but I will when it's on TV. This might be the first Thomas thing I'm not very keen for at all but I don't want to stop watching and I don't think I could. I expect it will get the two series it was commissioned for and then it may move on to another TV series which may bring a few elements of the All Engines Go style. I doubt it will go back to the original series style but I won't completely rule not seeing something like it for anniversaries.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jdogman's post:
  • Super
AEG Motorized Metalic 4-Pack:

[Image: AEGMotorized-Metallic4-Pack.png]
AEG Push-alongs:

[Image: AEGPush-Along-Carly.png]
[Image: AEGPush-Along-Sandy.jpg]
  • Super
Motorized Carly is coming! Smile

[Image: CARLY-MOTORIZED.png]
Notice the painted buffers! Only AEG motorized Diesel and Push-alongs have painted buffers, and now Carly.

The holder of her hook seems as if it can be extended... that would be a cool feature! I wonder what's the purpose of that specialized piece of rolling stock she's pulling? Transporting Sandy?
  • Super
Is it strange that the piece of rolling stock Carly is pulling doesn't have cogged wheels? I thought all of the cars rolling on Trackmaster II were coming with them lately?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
They were actually pretty inconsistent when it comes to cogged wheels on TM2. Some rolling stock has cogged wheels, some doesn't. The tender wheels are not cogged, not even the new AEG James & Gordon will have cogged wheels on their tenders. At the same time, the small engines sold with 1 truck have cogged wheels on their trucks.

Once I was wondering why they put these toothed wheels on rolling stock, and not just on driving wheels of the engines, but now I realized that these wheels are really useful on the somewhat problematic track elements like the steep curved slope (some lighter wagons without cogged wheels tend to derail while descending such slopes), especially when that curved slope is followed by another curved slope, and you need two slopes - curved or straight - to reach the appropriate height for the bridge under which you can place an operational track:

[Image: Slopes.jpg]

It's better that the curved slope is not immediately followed by another one, so I placed a normal curved track between them. Note that the barrel delivering specialized truck from TM2 "Cassia Crane & Cargo Set" for some reason also doesn't have cogged wheels, and that makes it unstable on some elements (curved slopes, "Head-to-Head-Crossing", etc.)

So yes, it's strange that Carly's wagon doesn't have cogged wheels, and we still don't know what the wagon is for. I don't think that she suppose to pull just that wagon; it looks like something should be placed on it. If that something is push along Sandy, then that wagon will be pretty heavy, and could derail on a steep curved slope without the cogged wheels... I thought they would make all the AEG rolling stock with cogged wheels. They are ugly, but you can hardly see them when the vehicle is placed on the tracks. They greatly contribute to the general stability of the vehicle, and prevent derailments on problematic track elements.
  • Super
The non-cogged wheels could really be unreliable on the steep slopes and some other track elements. It seems Fisher-Price learned that lesson. In the old "3 in 1 package pickup set" the coaches (Annie & Clarabel) didn't have cogged wheels:

[Image: thomas-friends-package-pickup-old.jpg]

...but in the same, rebooted set - they do have them:

[Image: thomas-friends-package-pickup-new.jpg]
In many YouTube videos, it can be seen that the coaches - especially with the triggering car attached to them - often derail coming down the double slope from the bridge. Putting cogged wheels on the coaches should deal with that problem. (Although it's a mystery to me why they used smaller Annie and Clarabel versions in the new AEG set; they should put newer versions of these coaches in that set, or even mould new ones, since in the TV show it can be seen that Annie & Clarabel are now much larger, larger than Thomas, and that is not what we get in that set).

It should also be noted that Annie & Clarabel, as in the TV show, lost their names on the sides of the carriages, which have now been replaced by some ornaments or whatever. If they were already paying attention to such details, how did they make a mistake regarding the size of the carriages? Big Grin

[Image: Thomas-Annie-Clarabel.png]

The size of the coaches from the 3 in 1 package pickup set is just about right for the use with the push along engines, not motorized engines! Smile

Three new push along sets (?)

[Image: three-new-push-along-sets.jpg]
  • Super
This is my opinion

The current winner for worst T&F episode is Up up and away.
But I once had a thought: what would be the worst thomas episode imaginable? The worst thomas episode imaginable would be:
-A miller written,
-bwba style
-2d episode.
Those 3 things the fandom hates the most. So the worst episode would be all 3 of those things

And guess what? They literally made an episode with those 3 awful elements
"Nia's balloon blunder" is a reboot episode (2d element)  about Nia (bwba element) failing a simple task of delivering a balloon (miller-esque element) as it flies of with her.

The irony is hilarious!
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Plarail Man UK