All Engines Go NEWS

550 Replies, 187498 Views

Given the fact that there have been a lot of bad prophecies lately, all of which have failed so far, it would be nice to know if you base your "expectations" on some concrete evidence, insights or information.  Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
So I finally acquired one All engine go Thomas.  I tried to install the piston rod on Thomas, it didn't work as the hole in the rear wheel is too small.  So I decided to swap out the rear wheel and replace it with a trackmaster revolution wheel.  they are perfect match even the gear between the wheels is the same.  However when I install the piston on to the front wheel, there is not enough for the piston o move freely.  In theory if you replace the front wheels' axel with revolution axel it should work.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
For Plarail maybe the main line will remain the same but the ringing line will get the AEG revamp.
What evidence, insights or information are you basing that prophecy on, ThomasSirHandel?  Rolleyes
(02-02-2022, 03:15 AM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: So I finally acquired one All engine go Thomas.  I tried to install the piston rod on Thomas, it didn't work as the hole in the rear wheel is too small.  So I decided to swap out the rear wheel and replace it with a trackmaster revolution wheel.  they are perfect match even the gear between the wheels is the same.  However when I install the piston on to the front wheel, there is not enough for the piston o move freely.  In theory if you replace the front wheels' axel with revolution axel it should work.

I don't see why would you install the rods on AEG engine, since they don't have them in the show anyway, but nevertheless: back in October, Super drew our attention to the following video:

Could the problems you point out be solved that way?
New Thomas Crystal Mine Cargo Train and Percy & Bruno:

[Image: Snimka-zaslona-345.jpg]
[Image: Snimka-zaslona-344.jpg][Image: Snimka-zaslona-346.jpg][Image: Snimka-zaslona-347.jpg][Image: Snimka-zaslona-349.jpg]
[Image: Snimka-zaslona-348.jpg][Image: Snimka-zaslona-350.jpg][Image: Snimka-zaslona-351.jpg][Image: Snimka-zaslona-352.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
No face on the grey troublesome truck is a bit disappointing.  The only thing I like from Percy's set if the box car.  The boxcar doesn't come with spikey wheels.  That is interesting.  the box will be better if the handrail is 3d as oppose to printed on the sticker.  

As for the new Thomas set, i only like to hopper car.  

Is it me or Fisherprice is moving away from the spiky wheels on the rolling stocks?  The new wheels reminded me of might express trains
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Mister No
The last wagon in Percy's train is actually not a boxcar, but a brake wan (caboose) named Bruno. He's the first non-powered rail character... Smile
(01-31-2022, 02:49 AM)Mister No Wrote: Given the fact that there have been a lot of bad prophecies lately, all of which have failed so far, it would be nice to know if you base your "expectations" on some concrete evidence, insights or information.  Smile

Only my speculation, but based on precedent with Fisher-Price releasing new Motorized and Push Along ranges. With Plarail Kenji's introduction in the TS lineup and the other new products announced since, I'm doubting it would happen this year. But with all the posts I'm seen worrying about the Plarail Thomas range, I'm surprised that I'm not seeing considerations that Tomy won't lose the Thomas license. I would like to be wrong and not see anything to do with All Engines Go though.

Mister No Wrote: Thomas & Cranky Motorized Set

New Thomas Crystal Mine Cargo Train and Percy & Bruno:

Do you know where I might find their product listings and SKUs?
[-] The following 1 user Likes jdogman's post:
  • Super
In his Thomas & Friends series, Plarail followed the market and TV Show and released Thomas & Friends trains for many years. Even now, Takara Tomy is releasing them, and announces interesting new releases. Only in Japan, an entire army of fans wants to buy those trains. That's a very important factor.

True, there are some Thomas & Friends engines and trains that Tomy didn’t make, although we would all love for Tomy to make them, but that’s an old story. Nothing should surprise us, however: we see, for example, that Bachmann soon releases Daisy in H0. Maybe Tomy will also surprise us with some such release of some old friend. You never know.

On the other hand, if there are no more Thomas & Friends new episodes over the years, except in AEG format, they will probably, for market reasons, also start releasing AEG engines - because what else could they do if there are no new non-AEGs characters? Possibly they'll give up on that series. We don’t know what the medium-term future holds, let alone the distant one. No "educated guesses" help here.

In any case, Takara Tomy has launched many Thomas & Friends trains and sets, they are announcing new ones and - they will not suddenly disappear. They are here. So everyone can and will have what they want: both AEG and non-AEG Thomas & Friends locomotives, trains and sets. What more could one want? Smile

Unfortunately, I don't know where to find the SKU numbers of the listed products.