All Engines Go NEWS

550 Replies, 192190 Views

The Motorized wiki is written by people like you. Plus don't we kind of know this already because we haven't seen any sign of new 2022 Motorized items based on the original series?
[-] The following 1 user Likes jdogman's post:
  • GreatGordonFan
oh yea
When someone makes a statement and follows it up with "Officially" one would have to assume that the statement came directly from the manufacturer. In this case, without a Link to an actual Official Announcement, we can assume that this is not official but only what someone thinks or their opinion, not fact. This is not to say it is or will be true, its simply not official unless it comes from the horses mouth as the saying goes. Although Wiki is a good source to use for research it is not always factual since, as member Jdogman points out above, anyone can write what they want there and it doesn't make it factual just because its there. Unless I missed it I don't see any Link to an actual official announcement there either.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, Mister No
That's right, Super. Wikipedia and wikis should always be taken "with a grain of salt". You should never write school assignments, professional papers or anything “official” based solely on wiki data. True, they can be useful because they often offer links to source data, so they can be examined and verified. In this case, however, we have only one sentence: "This is the final Motorized release based on the Thomas & Friends CG television series design." And that's it. No source. 

Oh, look: All Engines Go was cancelled, hooray: 
All engines go was cancelled, apparently?

Big Grin
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
Is that trolling again?
I really hate fake pages, especially ones that make their way onto the thomas wiki forum. Pages like this one for instance:
https://ttte.fandom.com/f/p/4400000000000112181

However it is pretty obvious Christmas train was the last pack based on cgi thomas.
Also, if mattel wants to quickly make as much money as possible, then why not continue the normal thomas merch line instead of discontinuing it?
Train it, plane it, you name it!
To be fair, the Thomas Motorized Wiki is very thoroughly peer-reviewed and corrected as necessary. Respected and knowledgeable contributors and admins, including long-term members of BPT, keep it free of malicious or over-imaginative content.

It remains the best and most reliable source of information on its subject that we have. Its current form and value is pretty much all down to Jdogman, who has looked after it with a steady hand for the past eleven years.
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, PerkyHydrAan, Super
I agree Dr Chris, well said. [Image: double-thumbs-up-thanks-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
As of now there is no official word if the CGI Motorized range will continue or not. If it does it's possible it will just be the old stuff with no new releases.
New Obstacle Course Set announced:

[Image: Motorized-Obstacle-Course-Set.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super