All Engines Go NEWS

550 Replies, 187473 Views

Like I said, apart from Thomas and Percy's face, pretty much everything is taken from many earlier sets: if I remember correctly, the tunnel blast was a TM2 Diesel set, the green curved slopes and some other elements are from the TM2 Thomas Tiger Adventure set, Cranky was already in a set with Thomas, now he's with Percy, orange risers are from the Race for the Sodor Cup Push Along set etc. Nothing really new, unfortunately. If they would at least put some other characters (and not almost always Thomas or Percy) in those sets: why not a set with Emily or Hiro?

I'm not sure if the "button" makes Percy to say something. I could be wrong, but I don't think so, actually. Because I already have 3 different AEG Percys, and they all have such a "button", but that's only because it's made of a special part of plastic (like Thomas's whistle), and it can't be pressed. Moreover, Talking Percy is an upcoming model and it has the red button on the cabin roof for talking function; I doubt they would make two different types of talking Percy at the same time...
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
New Percy 6-in-1 Set!

There was TM2 6-in-1 Set, also with Percy. But this one has that lovely bridge introduced in, I believe, Nia and the Elephant TM2 Set.
They wrote on the box that Percy delivers the mail on this line, and, of course, they didn't include the mail car. But, lo and behold, Percy with the Mail Van will sell separately! 😊

[Image: PERCY-6-IN-1-SET-1.webp]

[Image: PERCY-6-IN-1-SET-2.webp]

Secret Agent Thomas
[Image: SECRET-AGENT-THOMAS.webp]
Percy's Mail Delivery (Percy & the Mail Van)

This is the first van in AEG line, isn't it? The mail car would be better if it had an opening door rather than a hole in the roof, but I guess it's easier this way for smaller children...
[Image: PERCY-AND-MAIL-VAN.webp]
Beach Nia
[Image: BEACH-NIA.webp]
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super
The bridge looks pretty high. Must be high enough for these tall engines. Faces are cute but whats with the blue wheels on Nia?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
The bridge is on "level 3 risers". That's the highest type of the risers, I believe. This will suffice even for Carly with her arm on the roof, I think. In the second picture (the back of the box), however, the bridge is on "level 2 risers", which is also enough for AEG engines.
I actually like Nia's wheels (she's going to the beach, maybe that's why her wheels are blue?), and her cool sunglasses too! 😎🥰
  • Super
New Pics of "Sodor Take Along Set"

[Image: Sodor-Take-Along-1.jpg][Image: Sodor-Take-Along-2.jpg][Image: Sodor-Take-Along-3.jpg]

Since the main track can be connected to a regular TM2/AEG track, and the brown bridge can be raised, this set could also be used as an addition to a motorized set, or layout... And here is the third AEG hopper, this time in "Thomas" colours! 😊
  • generic_truck_69420
i like the hopper car that comes with the set. it looks like the hopper car is bigger than the engine itself lol
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 3 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Mister No, Super
[Image: TALKING-ENGINES-3.jpg]

Someone (ThomasFan 98 on Twitter) has just discovered that the new AEG talking engines interact not only with other AEG talking engines, but also with older TrackMaster talking engines. Look, here are AEG Thomas and TM2 Gordon talking: 

AEG Talking Thomas does interact with the CGI Talking Engines
  • Super
i wish there is a switch that can disable the engines from talking
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Or, if you don't want the engines to talk, you can use an engine that doesn't talk! 💡
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Well thats pretty cool that they can still talk with each other, Thanks Mr No.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No