Palitoy Log Delivery Train Set

24 Replies, 9740 Views

(01-29-2021, 10:10 AM)chrisjo Wrote: I believe there was also a Super Train Set in the same series, but I know nothing more about it

I have just acquired a Palitoy Discovery Time Super Train Set. More on this when it arrives.

[Image: super-train-set-box-temp.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Super, violater
I am sorry Dr Chris...but you do fit into the age bracket...you better send me the set before you get into trouble. After all...the set is named for me. Big Grin

I anxious to see how that blue Tanker looks up close.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • chrisjo
Wow, that’s a neat set! I like that it’s clearly NOT just a rebox but has some specific features like the BR double arrows logo.

When I was a GI Joe collector many years ago, Palitoy was always synonymous with Action Man in my mind. I knew they made other toys of course but it’s interesting to learn that they sold Plarail as well.
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
There was an eBay UK auction for it, if you look for the set's name in sold listings, you can see the blue tanker up close.

Palitoy's catalogue of Plarail variants are still undiscovered today and this set marks another unseen item.

Looking forward to seeing it in our musuem side by side with the other Palitoy set you submitted.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
(05-15-2021, 02:34 AM)Vio Wrote: There was an eBay UK auction for it...
Indeed there was. My best offer was accepted; but the set is not complete, despite what it says in the description.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
(05-15-2021, 02:34 AM)Vio Wrote: you can see the blue tanker up close.

Ah...a 'Stubby' tanker...so this is where it comes from? I see you can tell this is an old set by the hook end of the coupling design.

If I remember correctly, there are multiple colored 'Stubby' tankers, the more plentiful yellow one, this harder to find blue one and 2 other colors that do not come to mind quickly. Red and green possibly?
(05-15-2021, 08:35 AM)chrisjo Wrote:
(05-15-2021, 02:34 AM)Vio Wrote: There was an eBay UK auction for it...
Indeed there was. My best offer was accepted; but the set is not complete, despite what it says in the description.

And the condition is not that "great" as what it says in description.

(05-15-2021, 09:25 AM)Super Wrote: Ah...a 'Stubby' tanker...so this is where it comes from? I see you can tell this is an old set by the hook end of the coupling design.

If I remember correctly, there are multiple colored 'Stubby' tankers, the more plentiful yellow one, this harder to find blue one and 2 other colors that do not come to mind quickly. Red and green possibly?

From the coupling design, it should be until 1975, not 1976 as said in description. In 1975, the old coupling was still used and was transitioned to new type in 1976.
There was no red and green tankers like these during that time, blue only comes from Palitoy sets.
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2021, 12:51 PM by Super.)
But there are a set of colored stubby tankers from a different time right Vio? I was trying to find my picture of them but could not. I thought I had a couple but either I only dreamt I did or sold them because I can't find them. I do have 10 of the yellows though.
No. There are only yellow ones in the Japanese world during that time.
I meant at any time. And, i have only seen them in the Japan auctions.