Mattel Being Mattel

11 Replies, 6465 Views

Wanted to make this thread so you can post what stupid things Mattel has done to ruin Thomas and Friends! I’ll start!!! Does the changing of the side rods bother anyone else as much as it bothers me? Of course there are many other examples of this but these were some of the worse ones! I also love how on Emily’s TrackMaster 2 box it says more realistic  Angry Angry Angry
[Image: 0675-E23-B-8676-4-C43-87-A6-ED78-FC2799-A1.jpg]

[Image: 82854-B7-F-6-F40-4-E68-B08-E-3-BF609578-FB1.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Argozyy's post:
  • DalaGStanator
Their version of the steam along engines are most certainly a downgrade
[Image: Screenshot-20210129-212752-Google.jpg]
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 2 users Like Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • Argozyy, DalaGStanator
Hmmmm....
There are so many that I really wouldn’t know where to begin, but I would have to say:
#1.Their decision to add that tab to the underside of the Revolution engines that prevents them from being compatible with Tomy Blue track.
They literally alienated an entire already established base of hobbyists, and eliminated any potential for future crossover success.
They’ve lost millions of dollars, while simultaneously losing million of fans.
Good job FisherPrice.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Argozyy, DalaGStanator, Mister No, Tons of Trackmasters
Very well said, Muddy! I really can't understand why they don't want my money. Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Argozyy, MuddyPoppins
(01-31-2021, 08:49 AM)Tons of Trackmasters Wrote: Their version of the steam along engines are most certainly a downgrade
[Image: Screenshot-20210129-212752-Google.jpg]

TOT I 100000% agree and I don’t love how the side rods on all the revolution models feel like they are 20x longer than the original TrackMaster ones!
If HiT was still making the toys we wouldn't be in a situation where people think a Trackmaster 2 Percy with extremely short cars and a very short tanker is a miracle
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 2 users Like Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • Argozyy, MuddyPoppins
I'm going to be honest and just say that there's an alternate timeline where Hit never sold the license to TrackMaster and they continued with what they were doing.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 2 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • Argozyy, DalaGStanator
Wish we were living in that timeline  Sad
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2021, 04:29 PM by Super.)
Sigh! In that timeline I would most certainly have Etienne and Philip, without "that tab on the underside that prevents them from being compatible with Tomy Blue track"* and the horrible spiky wheels! Big Grin

What on earth are they doing? Here's a couple official pictures of the new "Thomas, Annie & Clarabel" trainset:

[Image: Thomas-Annie-Clarabel-1.jpg]

They made great faces of Annie and Clarabel, and then they put those nice bodies on those wheels! 
It's even worse when you look at it from this perspective:

[Image: Thomas-Annie-Clarabel-2.jpg]
What is this? It looks like a military vehicle or something like that. They completely ruined the look of the train. And, of course, with that "tab" on the bottom of the engine they made it useless for blue tracks. 

And why are they doing all this? Supposedly so the trains could run better on their impossible and ridiculous layouts (extremely steep slopes, silly walking bridges, jumping, flying etc.). And what's worse, even with those spiky wheels and everything, - those crazy sets with crazy features still don't always work as intended (trains derailing, can't manage uphill or such); many Youtube videos prove that. 

• Argozyy, FfarquharDeveloper, MuddyPoppins
The whole reboot, that's all.
[-] The following 2 users Like Collin Joe's post:
  • Argozyy, MuddyPoppins