Plarail Kenji Set is not Popular?

13 Replies, 4989 Views

(02-11-2021, 06:38 PM)GreatGordonFan Wrote: Has anyone realised that this is literally a thomas and the jet engine, but a significant downgrade. Plarail is following Mattel's footsteps.
The Jet Engine (Series 6, Episode 22) is a different beast from the Blastbooster-7 (Series 24, Special Double Episode 2), though there is a strong sense of déjà vu.

[Image: Thomasthe-Jet-Engine19.jpg] [Image: ANew-Arrival267.jpg]
remember liberated gordon? those 3rd party knockoffs have already beaten TM2. Its a matter of time before plarail is overtaken Sad
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
That’s funny and tricky!
“Brand in box” ?
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
(02-11-2021, 07:41 PM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Yes, but they do still have higher standards in quality of materials, rubber traction tires, and run on Tomy track.
It is just the condition of the world these days.
There is no alternative choice.
Maybe all those Chinese counterfeits will end up being the superior quality product someday sooner than we think.

So true, Muddy. Smile
At least we could actually run these counterfeits on our blue track, and we can't run new Fisher-Price-Mattel engines without severe modifications. And even with the modifications they will still have problems on some "special" blue tracks, as I have seen in many videos. The two systems are (thanks to Mattel) now incompatible. On the other hand, Chinese are getting better and better, and those counterfeits could be even legalized one day, who knows?
But I still firmly believe Tomy would not give up. Plarail is so loved in Japan, so I hope this set is just an occasional flop, and many more excellent trains and sets are still to come.
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, MuddyPoppins, Super