My New In Box thumper at boulder mountain scenery set just arrived!!

20 Replies, 13693 Views

(03-14-2021, 04:23 PM)Tons of Trackmasters Wrote: I do want to ask, does anyone here mind/is it sacrilege if i do take thumper out of box? I just wanted to ask

I would say don't take it out but that's just me, as GreatGordonFan said, its value will only increase over time

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cddLo...G2N8VDiTvA 
[Image: 795436713421701122.png?v=1]
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2021, 01:47 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like TheDiamondDalek's post:
  • Super, Tons of Trackmasters
That single one inch piece of 20 year old plastic tape is all that is stopping you from it being opened.
If you breath on it for 30 seconds it will loosed and lift right up!
Then you can lift the lid and peek inside!!
I wouldn’t set it up, or play with it, but just taking it out and looking at it and putting it back inside wouldn’t make it considered “used” would it?
It would still be considered “unused new in box” once it’s back inside wouldn’t it?? Lol
Also, this whole “single piece of tape” method of determining what is NIB seems incredibly silly to me, as it can easily replaced without anyone’s knowledge, and I personally, even if I suspected that maybe the tape on a bnib had been tampered with, have never called in a forensic detective for scientific analysis to determine if the scotch tape matched the same chemical composition of the know examples that were used during factory production...has anyone else or would anyone?? Lol
It’s just a piece of tape.
Plus, you’re most likely never going to sell it, so is trying to keep some sort of future investment value above a certain percentage worth not taking a little peek Inside?
Decisions....decisions...for Tons!!!Wink
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • confusedanddelayed, Super, Tharazero1
If opening that bad boy up, and getting to check it out for yourself is going to bring you some joy, then do it. Life is short, and I think Muddy makes a great point about the whole “new unsealed” and “new sealed” aspect of the boxed packaging. Even unsealed, It still will have monetary value, and, like said, if it will bring you joy, then that’s got a lot of value too, just in a different unit of measurement. Just my two cents. Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like confusedanddelayed's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper, MuddyPoppins, Super
Yes C&D..and most especially it if brings you joy!!!
[-] The following 3 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • confusedanddelayed, Super, Tons of Trackmasters
Well

i took a look at that tape and either: 
it has been re-sealed or
Something happened to the tape and believe me it's strong...
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 3 users Like Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1
Opening a new in box item is really a personal thing to me. If one thinks that they will feel guilty by opening the item should certainly not. I am not that into boxes that much but I do have tons that are sealed but I have no qualms in opening them. I have thrown away more boxes than I have. I see these as toys and most of the time I just want to play with them. A lot of collectors have one to play with and another sealed to save. As far as value is concerned I think in this day and age is over blown as you won't get rich selling these in the future, in fact, one will probably take a loss factoring in the cost of living in the future.

Long story short...what makes you happy without reservations will lead you to what is right for you not for others.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 6 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, confusedanddelayed, FfarquharDeveloper, MuddyPoppins, Tharazero1, Tons of Trackmasters
You can use a hair blow dryer to warm that tape up and loosen it without tearing the box.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
yes

he is in a little plastic thing right?
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 2 users Like Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Yep...right inside. Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
So I followed your instructions super carefully muddy and everything went A-Ok! Thanks for the advice 
thumper and boulder are still in their little plastic packages and I think the box was re-sealed along the way as Thumper was in a different place than the one In your video...thumper is still mint in packaging and looks adorable 
[Image: 20210404-123503.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 02:44 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • chrisjo, MuddyPoppins, Super