This can't be real

7 Replies, 4259 Views

I was just scrolling through twitter, and then I came across this, and I was like, WHAT?!

This better be fake, otherwise, my life is officially ruined forever.

This is the only source I know that has this image: https://twitter.com/trackmasterboco/stat...22698?s=21

Image I was talking about:
[Image: F1-ED02-C7-2-DF1-4696-A0-B3-6-E8385-BBC4-BC.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2021, 07:39 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Collin Joe's post:
  • Super
I don’t understand..
What can’t you believe?
And why would it ruin your life?
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
Plarail Thomas being discontinued, that's what I can't believe.

And my life being ruined is because it could mean All Engines Go/the Reboot and it's merch is just underway.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2021, 07:39 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Collin Joe's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
@ Colin Joes I have not heard anything about discontinuation. I hope it's not
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 2 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
If this is true...my first guess is that Plarail might discontinue the TS-01 Thomas and the TS-06 Percy and they will be introducing newer versions under a different number. Then again, that picture could have easily been photoshopped the 'Discontinued' banner in there just to be conversational. Hopefully if their is an official press release we can update it here for any confirmation.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper, MuddyPoppins
This image is from a UK website, since the prices are in GBP. Most likely discontinued by that particular seller.
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, FfarquharDeveloper, Super
Best not to get overworked about it, I just checked TAKARATOMY's Plarail Website and there's no signs of TS-01, TS-06, and TS-12 being replaced yet for a few reasons:

1. The "All Engines Go" reboot still hasn't dropped yet.

2. Japan usually does stuff 6 months - 1 year after the initial drop of something from the Franchise as they don't get it until then due to having to dub it in Japanese.
-- TGD (happened in 2008, plarail makes merch of it in 2009), HOTR (happened in 2009, plarail makes merch of it in 2010), SLOTLT (happened in 2015, plarail makes merch of it in 2016)

3. We've only had like one glimpse of possible AEG toys with the new Wooden Railway promo, and just a few promos of the main 5 characters on clothing and lunchboxes.

4. If plarail does go with the reboot and it a success there, their lineup would probably be changed entirely and they'd do another rebrand such as the 1992 - 2002 range -> T Range (2003-2012) -> TS Range (2012-Present) -> and if the reboot doesn't instantly fail TA Range (speculation)

If they did do something like that it'd probably look like this:
TA-01 Thomas, TA-02 Percy, TA-03 Nia, TA-04 Diesel, TA-05 Kana, TA-06 Gordon, TA-07 James, TA-08 Kenji, TA-09 Carly and Sandy, TA-10 Emily

tl;dr: they aren't being discontinued, this is just probably a site error
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 2 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Alright, thanks for the heads up, sorry if I was scared.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2021, 10:38 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Collin Joe's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super