Alfie, Ned & Jack (with accessories), value ?

14 Replies, 6410 Views

Hello,
I've recently discovered this forum and that my little trains that were hibernating in the basement have some value.
I'm not sure how much they're worth though, as sales seems to be few and far between.
Anyhow, at Super's suggestion, I'm posting here to get a fair appraisal.
I've included a picture of them. (My daughter insisted on adding her favorite lego horse)
Cheers ! 

[Image: Yi4JE5T.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like CanadianDad's post:
  • DalaGStanator, sunhuntin, Super
It worth whatever the highest bidder is willing to offer.
I am not much into these but have a question...are all 3 of these motorized C-Dad?

@AJ
C-Dad is looking for an honest and fair price for these that he has no idea of how much their worth is. Everyone has an idea of what something is worth...to them.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Yes, all three are motorized.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2021, 01:11 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes CanadianDad's post:
  • Super
May I ask, where will these be sold?
Train it, plane it, you name it!
(03-19-2021, 01:09 PM)CanadianDad Wrote: Yes, all three are motorized.

With accessories? That makes the price go higher lol...are you selling these? If so what website, cheers
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • DalaGStanator
These just happen to be some of the most highly discussed items on here, Alfie in particular. Unlike Jack and Ned (who could also be found in the US and Australia), Alfie was only available in Canada. This made him infamous for being near impossible to come by, especially nowadays. We have a recent thread about the props that came with the motorised vehicles, which normally tend to appear in "random lots" without the items they belong to. Jack's prop (three barrels) is missing, but Alfie and Ned still have the right ones.

In this thread, Muddy Poppins revealed all of them had a design flaw that made them get stuck on short curves (both TOMY and TrackMaster) and were never updated, hence why only a few copies of each one were made.
(03-19-2021, 04:59 PM)DalaGStanator Wrote: These just happen to be some of the most highly discussed items on here, Alfie in particular. Unlike Jack and Ned (who could also be found in the US and Australia), Alfie was only available in Canada. This made him infamous for being near impossible to come by, especially nowadays. We have a recent thread about the props that came with the motorized vehicles, which normally tend to appear in "random lots" without the items they belong to. Jack's prop (three barrels) is missing, but Alfie and Ned still have the right ones. My suggested price for the whole lot would be around $60 due to the props and Alfie. Otherwise, Jack and Ned (by themselves) could be worth about $10 each.

In this thread, Muddy Poppins revealed all of these had a design flaw that made them get stuck on short curves (both TOMY and TrackMaster) and were never updated, hence why only a few copies of each one were made.

Hey ! Thank you for pointing it out, I do have the 3 barrels, I didn't know they came with Jack, so they're just sitting there on my desk. So I suppose I have all three accessories. I will post a picture soon.

Regarding pricing and selling it, I came to this forum to get them appraised and potentially get offers. Now, after discussing with Super, I don't want to have a bidding war and people feeling they missed out on this and creating animosity in your great forum, so it's a delicate situation. I will ponder it, eBay could be an option, but I've heard of people having bad experiences.
[-] The following 3 users Like CanadianDad's post:
  • confusedanddelayed, DalaGStanator, Tons of Trackmasters
I had hoped to keep out of this, and have zero personal interest in acquiring this.
I have stayed away from competing for another Alfie for a many years now, as there are many other members here who still are in search of one, and I have backed off to give others an opportunity to find them.
Maybe I am getting soft in my old age, because 5 years ago NO ONE would have even stood a chance.
I have followed this thread and silently watched this drama unfold, and I am sickened by the frenzy surrounding it, but after reading DaLag’s ridiculous recommendation of $60 for the lot, I have had enough.
C-Dad came here for honest accurate advice, and not a bunch of monkey business.
C-Dad if you would like to PM me I will be more than happy to give you my 2 cents worth.
The last Alfie that sold on eBay in a true auction forum was over 4 years ago for $450.00 usd.
Ned and Jack are worth $50-$75
As members of BPT, please do not embarrass the integrity of our beloved site or our community with this behavior any further.
Thank you.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 6 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • chrisjo, confusedanddelayed, DalaGStanator, Mister No, Tharazero1, Tons of Trackmasters
(03-19-2021, 05:47 PM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: I have followed this thread and silently watched this drama unfold...

God I like to read your posts, Muddy! Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister No's post:
  • confusedanddelayed, DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins