Yesterday 03:42 PM
» Replies: 3219
» Views: 2267718
Muddy Poppins YouTube Video's
Last Post: ajtrain944
Yesterday 01:31 PM
» Replies: 811
» Views: 288646
Toy train photography gallery (post your...
Last Post: hystudio
Yesterday 11:07 AM
» Replies: 165
» Views: 94845
Tons Of Trackmasters YouTube videos
Last Post: Super
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 2014
Nintendo Madness?
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 50
Plarail Thomas and the Jet Engine
Yesterday 10:52 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 55
My Trackmaster/Tomy Rescues/Restorations...
Yesterday 10:49 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 198
Anyone know where I could find Talk n ac...
Last Post: OwenDino Studios
Yesterday 07:31 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 136
Trackmaster Knapford Station Question
05-08-2021 06:37 AM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 14484
FfarquharDeveloper's TrackMaster Customs
05-07-2021 06:47 PM
» Replies: 74
» Views: 6178
Congratulations, Super!
05-07-2021 06:45 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 204

Alfie, Ned & Jack (with accessories), value ?
Hello,
I've recently discovered this forum and that my little trains that were hibernating in the basement have some value.
I'm not sure how much they're worth though, as sales seems to be few and far between.
Anyhow, at Super's suggestion, I'm posting here to get a fair appraisal.
I've included a picture of them. (My daughter insisted on adding her favorite lego horse)
Cheers ! 

[Image: Yi4JE5T.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like CanadianDad's post:
  • Super, DalaGStanator, sunhuntin
It worth whatever the highest bidder is willing to offer.
I am not much into these but have a question...are all 3 of these motorized C-Dad?

@AJ
C-Dad is looking for an honest and fair price for these that he has no idea of how much their worth is. Everyone has an idea of what something is worth...to them.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Yes, all three are motorized.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CanadianDad's post:
  • Super
May I ask, where will these be sold?
(03-20-2021, 12:09 AM)CanadianDad Wrote: Yes, all three are motorized.

With accessories? That makes the price go higher lol...are you selling these? If so what website, cheers
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSchx0N...YTuRmhKLQ/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • DalaGStanator
These just happen to be some of the most highly discussed items on here, Alfie in particular. Unlike Jack and Ned (who could also be found in the US and Australia), Alfie was only available in Canada. This made him infamous for being near impossible to come by, especially nowadays. We have a recent thread about the props that came with the motorized vehicles, which normally tend to appear in "random lots" without the items they belong to. Jack's prop (three barrels) is missing, but Alfie and Ned still have the right ones.

In this thread, Muddy Poppins revealed all of these had a design flaw that made them get stuck on short curves (both TOMY and TrackMaster) and were never updated, hence why only a few copies of each one were made.
(03-20-2021, 03:59 AM)DalaGStanator Wrote: These just happen to be some of the most highly discussed items on here, Alfie in particular. Unlike Jack and Ned (who could also be found in the US and Australia), Alfie was only available in Canada. This made him infamous for being near impossible to come by, especially nowadays. We have a recent thread about the props that came with the motorized vehicles, which normally tend to appear in "random lots" without the items they belong to. Jack's prop (three barrels) is missing, but Alfie and Ned still have the right ones. My suggested price for the whole lot would be around $60 due to the props and Alfie. Otherwise, Jack and Ned (by themselves) could be worth about $10 each.

In this thread, Muddy Poppins revealed all of these had a design flaw that made them get stuck on short curves (both TOMY and TrackMaster) and were never updated, hence why only a few copies of each one were made.

Hey ! Thank you for pointing it out, I do have the 3 barrels, I didn't know they came with Jack, so they're just sitting there on my desk. So I suppose I have all three accessories. I will post a picture soon.

Regarding pricing and selling it, I came to this forum to get them appraised and potentially get offers. Now, after discussing with Super, I don't want to have a bidding war and people feeling they missed out on this and creating animosity in your great forum, so it's a delicate situation. I will ponder it, eBay could be an option, but I've heard of people having bad experiences.
[-] The following 3 users Like CanadianDad's post:
  • Tons of Trackmasters, DalaGStanator, confusedanddelayed
I had hoped to keep out of this, and have zero personal interest in acquiring this.
I have stayed away from competing for another Alfie for a many years now, as there are many other members here who still are in search of one, and I have backed off to give others an opportunity to find them.
Maybe I am getting soft in my old age, because 5 years ago NO ONE would have even stood a chance.
I have followed this thread and silently watched this drama unfold, and I am sickened by the frenzy surrounding it, but after reading DaLag’s ridiculous recommendation of $60 for the lot, I have had enough.
C-Dad came here for honest accurate advice, and not a bunch of monkey business.
C-Dad if you would like to PM me I will be more than happy to give you my 2 cents worth.
The last Alfie that sold on eBay in a true auction forum was over 4 years ago for $450.00 usd.
Ned and Jack are worth $50-$75
As members of BPT, please do not embarrass the integrity of our beloved site or our community with this behavior any further.
Thank you.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 6 users Like Muddy Poppins's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, Tons of Trackmasters, confusedanddelayed, chrisjo, Tharazero1
(03-20-2021, 04:47 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: I have followed this thread and silently watched this drama unfold...

God I like to read your posts, Muddy! Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Muddy Poppins, confusedanddelayed
(03-20-2021, 04:47 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Ned and Jack are worth $50-$75
Really? I must have gotten them for really cheap LOL.
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSchx0N...YTuRmhKLQ/
[-] The following 2 users Like Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Muddy Poppins
I have a feeling this will get extremely intense Confused . I don't think I stand a chance here.
[-] The following 2 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Tons of Trackmasters
Lets put a stop to this right now! This is not a debate, its simply a new member asking for help. Value is different for everybody and everybody can have their own opinions but if you can't be respectful then keep it to yourself.

Sorry C-Dad, this isn't normally the behavior around here
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 6 users Like Super's post:
  • confusedanddelayed, Muddy Poppins, Tons of Trackmasters, Mister No, GreatGordonFan, Tharazero1
Just wanted to apologise for my actions C dad, can’t blame you for wanting to get a true gauge of the value of the items you have. As for Alfie, I can see why it is a very very hot topic, members including myself have been looking for one for a very very long time, and after finally finding one for myself on a very unknown website I got very excited and started messaging you, I guess I made it seem as I if I was very desperate for the Alfie which turned you towards this site to get a true gauge for how much his worth. As for myself, I was a bit annoyed at the beginning, but now don’t blame you for wanting to find the true value. As for the value itself of Alfie, it’s very hard to gauge where his value is at. The last Alfie that appeared on eBay was around 2015-2016, until about a week ago where an Alfie sold for $100 in a buy it now listing, however, Alfie is worth way way more than $100. As with your Alfie, you still have his original cargo will make him be worth even more. If you really want to find out the true value of the Alfie I suggest starting an auction on eBay, not a buy it now listing but an auction. I reckon muddy’s value is a good gauge for it, but I reckon it would be worth a bit more now. Now this could potentially have a lot, and I mean a lot of members bidding against each other for this very rare and sought after piece of merchandise, and may make some people unhappy but if you want to find the true value of him, I suggest doing this. You could try and get people offering you a price for this, and you pick the highest one however I don’t think you’ll get a true gauge for the value of him. Up to you. And once again, sorry for my actions
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • Muddy Poppins, Super
Are you going to sell this to someone or post it on eBay?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ajtrain944's post:
  • Tharazero1