Turbo James sold?

14 Replies, 9406 Views

The trackmaster turbo James is a cancelled trackmaster item. It was supposed to be released in 2018, then pushed back to 2019 and it never came out. Or did it?
You see, on the trackmaster wiki there is a page about the turbo james pack. On it there is a little link that leads you to an amazon.in (Indian amazon) page of the turbo james where it says the item is currently unavaliable (this is also true for other cancelled trackmaster items e.g. millie) and the image on it is of a standard revolution james. But the mysterious thing is that for a short period period of time (2 short periods actually) I saw that it said that it was being sold for 1,400 indian rupee (£14 or $19).
You might think that this is a mistake or something and that they were just selling a standard James, which it could be, but when you scroll down, you can see that the item's release is 2018 just like the other turbo engines.
Could this mean that this James was released only in India, just like Monty in Poland, Alfie in Canada etc. I could be completely wrong about all of this though.
Anyone else know anything about this?
(by the way I did not discover the existence of turbo james, I found it on the tm wiki, and then followed a link to amazon where one day, I found it for sale)
[Image: 2021-03-24-2.png]
https://www.amazon.in/Fisher-Price-Thoma...B079JQ187L (scroll to the item description)
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 2 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • BradyLikesTrains, Super
Ha, Thomas did really go global! Sorry I can't help solve the mystery. Thomas sure could use a Toys That Made Us episode to help sort things out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FlyingKipper's post:
  • Super
Dumb question (by me):
What makes him a 'Turbo'?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
If you change the .in in the link to .com or any other country's domain, you can see the listing in other local Amazons. I don't know why the first link was Indian.

Super, Turbo engines have two Booster Tracks which increase their speed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jdogman's post:
  • Super
@Jdogman, I knew that I could change the link to .com, which I did when the thing was still avaliable and on the US version of Amazon, and it said that it was currently unavaliable despite it was avaliable on amazon.in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super
i doubt that james is a turbo engine.  First of it, it doesn't have the visor other turbo engines has.  Second of all, the turbo engines have start up button instead of flick switch (like the one james has in the photo).
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
I think GGG's theory is, while the photo was just of a run of the mill TM2 James, the copyright provided for the listing matched the date for the known Turbo trains, so perhaps this was a turbo in sheep's clothing (so to speak). And frankly, given the strange distribution shenanigans of Fisher Price, nothing would surprise me.  Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like confusedanddelayed's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, MuddyPoppins, Super
(03-25-2021, 09:39 AM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: i doubt that james is a turbo engine.  First of it, it doesn't have the visor other turbo engines has.  Second of all, the turbo engines have start up button instead of flick switch (like the one james has in the photo).

I know the image is not of a turbo James, I said that in the first post. It's just all the other details make me think that could be a turbo james (might not be tho but who knows)
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super
WOW really cool discovery GGF

should this be expanded on a tons talk perhaps?
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 2 users Like Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, Super
@Jdog
Thanks for the info. Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]