C11-171...Can't remember

5 Replies, 3672 Views

C11-171 with DE10-1690
While watching YouTuber "trainsRawesome' latest video, he asked me in the comments if this release was a Plarail Expo Exclusive or maybe it was a Plarail Club Exclusive. I did know but I can't remember for sure. There was another release in 2002 of the C11-171 but it came with two dark purple Express Coaches. Anyone know?

[Image: 001-zps01c189f9.jpg]

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
According to this great web site, it is indeed an 'Event Exclusive' released in 2008 although it doesn't say what event. Anyone know what event for sure?
http://parlorfleur-pm.com/EventLimited.html
Plarail Day 2008.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Thanks Dr Chris

'Plarail Day' is not something I have heard of before.
I was wrong, my excuse being that I typed that shortly after coming round from general anesthetic! I'm home now.

It first appeared at Plarail Expo 2008.

Plarail Day was however an actual thing, it was October 14th every year from 1997 to 2005, and the Plarail Day releases have their own page in the Museum.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2021, 07:09 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Thanks Dr Chris

Hope whatever was done was successful and you are on your way to recovery.

I like that Link to the Plarail Day Museum. Now I know exactly where those were released to. A little further look found that...

Quote:In 1997, sharing the anniversary of the first train running in Japan, October 14 was officially designated in Japan as "Plarail Day", where a commemorative limited edition item is released each year.

Wow...Japan must really like their Plarail to Officially designate a whole day for them every year. Wonder why its still not celebrated?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • chrisjo