Bought Rare Item from Jauce!

6 Replies, 3699 Views

I was able to win a bundle on Jauce for 5250 yen or around £35 and included in it was quite a rare item, the Talk n Action Gordon! I'm very happy with this purchase and the Gordon appears to be in mint condition which is rather rare for items like this as usually they are green or a dull blue, it also comes with a few other engines and three of them are in need of a small amount of restoration but nothing that I can't do with a marker or something!
[Image: i-img1200x900-1616885873sofp6o786457.jpg]

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cddLo...G2N8VDiTvA 
[Image: 795436713421701122.png?v=1]
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheDiamondDalek's post:
  • Super
Nice bundle! Hopefully the TnAs will work without needing new gears etc. And you got a plarail Luke, and (I assume) tomy Donald/Douglas among other good stuff.
[-] The following 1 user Likes confusedanddelayed's post:
  • Super
@Confused The TnA's should hopefully be working fully, the seller said they were working and I believe it is a Plarail Donald, I'm not sure what the difference between it and the TOMY one is

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cddLo...G2N8VDiTvA 
  • Super
Thats a very nice grouping of trains Dalek Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I know this seller from the picture background and arrangement style, they do good work at repairing engines from what I have seen

There is no specific difference between Plarail and Tomy Donald, other then Japanese Donalds could be the older 90s style chassis mold with the rounded logo or the newer 2000s style squared logo, while the international (really just European, he was never sold by Tomy in the US) release is only the squared logo as far as I am aware. I believe confusedanddelayed was alluding to the (slim but certainly nonzero) possibility that it was a HiT Toys or Mattel Donald which was imported into Japan (Or the aftermarket Mattel knockoffs, which are a hot topic here recently and regularly show up for sale on Yahoo auctions)

Nice find, a pretty complete compliment of the main cast with some good side characters.
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 3 users Like DuckGWR's post:
  • confusedanddelayed, Super, TheDiamondDalek
Nice pickup. Hope to see them run and show how useful they can be!
[-] The following 1 user Likes FlyingKipper's post:
  • Super
@FlyingKipper I'll probably video them when they arrive, fingers crossed they will be fully functional

• Super