Talk 'n' Action packs

7 Replies, 3190 Views

Does anyone know anything about these packs? They appear to contain two green Talk 'n' Action rails, but are they for the Thomas engines?

[Image: Plarail-Talk-n-Action-TR-01.webp]
[Image: Plarail-Talk-n-Action-TR-02.webp]
[Image: Plarail-Talk-n-Action-TR-03.webp]
[-] The following 4 users Like jdogman's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, Super, TheDiamondDalek
No images come up jdog.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
Apart from the auction listings, all I can add is that they first appeared on Amazon.jp 12-May-2013, and are referenced in the description of a YouTube video of Talking Diesel 10 dated 27-May-2013.

おしゃべりレールセットA TR-01 contains rails 1 & 2
おしゃべりレールセットB TR-02 contains rails 3 & 4
おしゃべりレールセットC TR-03 contains rails 5 & 6

But then I've no doubt that you figured that out already.

[Image: i-img1200x900-1586241102ghjr2c1955772.jpg]
どんどんひろがるぼくらのプラレール
Our Plarail is expanding more and more

[Image: i-img1200x900-1586241109a6md0g15304.jpg]
本商品は, プラレールおしゃべりシリーズ 専用レール部品です.
おしゃべりシリーズ以外の車両が通過してもおしゃべりアクションは致しません.
This product is a rail part exclusively for the Plarail Talking Series.
If a vehicle other than the Talking Series passes, no talking action will occur.
[-] The following 4 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, jdogman, Super, Tharazero1
@jdog from what I can gather, they were made for the TnA engines and were probably released in around the year 2000 but they do appear to lack stickers ,unless they are in the bottom of the pack, which is quite curious, then again for the Tomica World TnA engines the stickers were originally off of the tracks when you initially bought it, so I guess for the time being its a Plarail mystery

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cddLo...G2N8VDiTvA 
[Image: 795436713421701122.png?v=1]
[-] The following 2 users Like TheDiamondDalek's post:
  • jdogman, Super
(04-02-2021, 08:49 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: No images come up jdog.

Why don't they turn up???  Huh I haven't uploaded images in years and I tried using URLs before finally using the PostImage thing. They still turned up on my phone.
I can see them which is unusual as its usually me who can't always see photos lol
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I can see the images, for the record.

I have seen one new in bag pack for sale once I believe. I don't particularly keep an eye out for them to know exactly how uncommonly they show up.

These are very strange to me for several reasons.
As far as I am aware, there are no regular non-Thomas trains that use this track system. (There is actually some (maybe just one?) recent trains which use a similar orange track system that might(?) be compatable. It's tracks have bumps of even widths, in other words the first and last bump are not longer then the rest like on the Talk n Action tracks.) So why market these under the regular Plarail range and not Thomas series Plarail? I suppose it is a general track pack, and using the special rails on a layout should not inhibit a normal train's functionality. Furthermore, both of the Talk n Action Thomas sets released in Japan include all six track pieces, and every single TnA Thomas engine comes with all six pieces as well, so it would seem to me anyone who was buying Talk n Action trains would have ended up with four or five of each track section very quickly, so I am not sure why you would particularly want two more of a specific type.
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DuckGWR's post:
  • Super
I remember years ago when I first learnt about yahoo I saw these all the time when searching for talk n action trains. So they aren't that rare as of such, but I have not seen many lately
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super