Picked up some Connect & Go Sheds

9 Replies, 5479 Views

I found some Push-Along Connect & Go Sheds at my local Kroger grocery store for $6.69 at the clearance section recently, I picked up 7 total for around 49 bucks on Sunday (4 total Sunday) and Tuesday (3 total Tuesday) collectively. They're meant to represent Tidmouth Sheds and do so pretty well, with the only inaccuracy to that being that the roofs are green instead of the grey they are depicted as in the show but can be excused due to the amount of detail put into the sheds.

I actually like these sheds though my only complaints are that you can't connect them at an angle, they're too short for tender engines (revolution and classic) to have the rear track lifted up and the shed doors closed, and that they're not selling a turntable pack to go with them. The latter isn't that big of a problem to me as I plan on just building a custom turntable later this year instead.

The seven sheds purchased with the Steam Team (pre-S22).
[Image: PA-Sheds.jpg]
The Push-Alongs that came with the sheds. 3 Percys, 3 Diesels, and a Single Thomas.
[Image: Push-Alongs.jpg]

The shed closed without and with an engine (Percy for scale).
[Image: PA-Shed-Closed.jpg] [Image: PA-Shed-Closed-Loaded.jpg]

The shed opened from the rear and the front.
[Image: PA-Shed-Opened-Back.jpg][Image: PA-Shed-Opened-Front.jpg]
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 1 user Likes FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • Super
we literally just got those in new zealand in the last few weeks. i could only see thomas, percy and james on the shelf.

looks a great collection! well done.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
Are those regular Trackmaster II tracks Ffar? Are they built into the shed? Are those red handles on the roof easily removable? Maybe the sheds would work well with Tendered engines if the back to back or modified for that. Whos the little fellow with the glasses in the back?

[Image: PA-Shed-Opened-Back.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
@Super, Edward, although he doesn't wear glasses in the tv series.
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper
Yes, these are TrackMaster II tracks and they are built into the shed. I think removing the roof handles is a bit difficult to remove due to how the design is all clipped together and is sturdy. It'd work fine with transporting any tender engines w/o their tenders attached which is a very disappointing design flaw as the sheds are too small and are designed for single engines, (TMII Tender Engines need their tenders removed as well for them to work in the shed).

As for the engine in the back that's just Edward modified to have glasses. 

Unfortunately, I do not have any that much TrackMaster II Track besides these sheds, so I cannot compare it to a regular TM2 Track piece.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
  • Super
it is like the turn tables too short for tender engines.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Okay so when the shed piece is rolled out it's the length of a regular TOMY/Classic TM Straight, so if the revolution tracks use the same increments, but different height/connectors, when opened fully the track is 1 regular straight long.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
  • Super
With the use of one of the many Track Adapters out there, one could add this to their Layouts with Tomy or the original Trackmaster Tracks then. Does the track piece just snap in?
the track piece is part of the shed, it functions as track and a rear door when the rear hinged section is closed
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
  • Super
I was thinking of modifying it with a Tomy or original Trackmaster track. I don't know much about these but isn't the hinged track piece that doubles as a door specifically for keeping an engine inside when carrying around with the roof handle? I am just thinking out loud here. Big Grin