Talking Flynn with red/yellow wheels?

4 Replies, 4240 Views

Hello again, BPT. I appreciate the help from my last post. But this time I'm back with a *real* mystery today. I came across a lot the other day containing some strange items. One of which was a faded/discolored Ffarquhar station, just like the one Super bought last year, seen in the back. But the main item was two Talking Flynn's, both of which had different wheels. I understand the regular Talking Flynn has black wheels, to look like his tyres in the show. But here, these two have yellow and red wheels, respectively. It may be hard to see, but both his main wheels and the wheels in his water tank are all the same color.
[Image: 20210408-135818.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes StuartAndTheAve's post:
  • DalaGStanator
@Stuart, I think those wheels are modified and are from other engines (non thomas I'd say)
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • DalaGStanator
That Station is Exactly like the one I had. Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tharazero1
Like GreatGordonFan said, they were taken from old Plarail items. Neither of these wheelsets are the originals with the "rim and tyre" texture. My only assumption as to why the owner/s would take them off would be they wanted the unique detail for some sort of custom, or (less likely) to fix something that had black wheels but they didn't have other sets laying around.

Oddly, the trailer for the red wheeled one still has spokes and Fisher Price holes, so they couldn't think the originals were inferior to TOMY (the first reason I thought of).
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
(04-09-2021, 10:49 AM)DalaGStanator Wrote:  My only assumption as to why the owner/s would take them off would be they wanted the unique detail for some sort of custom

I like this assumption Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tharazero1