What is the rarest Tomy/Plarail/TrackMaster item you own?

67 Replies, 21086 Views

I was browsing the forum and found a thread (https://www.blueplastictracks.com/showth...hp?tid=314) from a few years ago about this topic, but I want to know how all your collections have progressed over the years and what your rarest items are now.

Mine is my 2011 Plarail Blushing Thomas (one of 360 made).

[Image: A674-AC2-D-E543-4-F78-A70-A-A647-FFFFCE10.jpg]
[Image: AAD1-F4-C4-D594-4-A5-A-B2-CE-832-BFB7-B8450.jpg]

Also if they count the Snowy Freddie (believed to be cancelled or only released in China) and the 1st edition Slippy Sodor Thomas.

[Image: 11-FEC6-F3-323-A-4-FD3-BB98-F02701007-D9-F.jpg]
[Image: 569815-E3-BCAD-4-F61-B679-8882648845-EF.jpg]
[Image: A5-A412-DE-2333-470-F-8-B52-0-A903-ED9-A1-FF.jpg]
[Image: D43-DE166-4-CC9-4-EC6-BB8-E-ED71-B84-D8511.jpg]
plarail for life
[-] The following 4 users Like TrainsRawesome's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1, TheDiamondDalek, Tons of Trackmasters
My rarest item will be the Talk N Action Gordon, but since he hasn't arrived yet, my rarest it either, Flip Face James (Boulder Mountain Variant) Talk N Action American Percy or Talk N Action Japanese Percy, all of my rarer items I got this year since I only got back into them in around late December of 2020

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cddLo...G2N8VDiTvA 
[Image: 795436713421701122.png?v=1]
[-] The following 2 users Like TheDiamondDalek's post:
  • Super, TrainsRawesome
Great finds. I, too, have the TNA Gordon and original Flip-Face James.
plarail for life
[-] The following 2 users Like TrainsRawesome's post:
  • Super, TheDiamondDalek
Well, since that Thread I do think I have added a few but Muddy Poppins has completely ruined changed what the definition of 'Rare" is in my book and nothing i have can compete so I will just categorize these as 'Hard for Super to Find'.

The Blue F-Unit
The Chrome USA Tomy 583
The Ultra Q
and to a lesser extent, a relatively newer Limited (3000) lottery release Plarail 60th Anniversary Black Cat Nya Nya Train

[Image: 003-zpse1effe7e.jpg]

[Image: 007.jpg]

[Image: 005-zpsnmsrv8vb.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0391.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • Tharazero1, TrainsRawesome, violater
@Super..lol you have A LOT of very rare “future collection” items hidden away in tubs that you must have forgotten about!!
@tRa...I have a few rare things. Wink
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • chrisjo, Super, Tharazero1, TrainsRawesome
It’s funny how at one point the TNAs were considered the rarest ... compared to the kinds of things Muddy’s just piling up, they seem as common as a TrackMaster Revolution Thomas!
plarail for life
[-] The following 2 users Like TrainsRawesome's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Yes, when we first started collecting, not too many people knew about them, and it was very hard to find them.
It took awhile for them to catch on, and for the people who possessed them to realize they could list and sell them, but now even Gordon and Henry are fairly easy to obtain, funny though that even as the market has grown their prices have pretty much remained the same.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super, TrainsRawesome
Very true. It appears the only way to definitively judge an item’s rarity nowadays is if you know for a fact that it had a very limited production run. Even Alfie, who was (most likely) only released in Canada in small numbers, is becoming a little easier to find, with quite a few popping up on eBay and Facebook Marketplace.
plarail for life
[-] The following 1 user Likes TrainsRawesome's post:
  • Super
My rarest

Talk N Action Gordon
[Image: 20210415-184700.jpg]
Only sold on the Japanese Market for a few years.
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
[-] The following 2 users Like Trainboy90 Productions's post:
  • Super, TrainsRawesome
@TrainsRAwesome I know you have those engines, after all, I am subscribed to your YouTube channel!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cddLo...G2N8VDiTvA 
[Image: 795436713421701122.png?v=1]
[-] The following 2 users Like TheDiamondDalek's post:
  • Super, TrainsRawesome